12 Foot skiff s Have come along way

Guest Saturday Night Special

this is Walpugurus Wrath 1973 Austrailian team captain Phil Stephensons stitch and tape 12 during the interdominion on what appears to be Auckland Harbour Home built gear is all bgged bowwowed and reconstitued boy we have come along way but so has the cost of one now reported cost from a top Aussie of 50kpost-2703-141887216493.jpg

Someone could easily write a rollicking yarn on 12' skiffs....enough to fill a book with adventures, near-misses, and tales of survival. Probably someone like Tim Bartlett. In my short stint in "Q-class", in the 70's, I will always remember the 17 foot, 3 piece kite poles we had to assemble at the top mark, and the 600 square foot kites we tried to hang onto downwind. Here in Tauranga, residents partitioned against a proposed reclamation for rigging our boats on the waterfront, describing 12 footer sailors on the front page of the paper, as "A drunken rowdy lot". Interestingly, nearly all the local skiff sailors have gone onto filling meaningful roles around town, like councillors, commodores, Chief radiologists, reputable Marine surveyors etc etc. Which all goes to prove something !? I'm unsure quite what !

I think after the stitch and Tape this is the next one in The progression Tim Bartlett won in one of these in 1985 a bollard boatpost-2703-141887216627.jpg

Archived