EMTNZ BOAT 2

just got back from some sailing in Akl where we saw our AC 72 sailing up close Tuesday afternoon in 20 knots or so near Rangitoto. Awesome and hard to believe , they came up and tacked just behind us then bore away and climbed up on the foils then gibed , but it was so smooth it was hard to tell that it was a gibe , seemed as if the wind just went around with them, very fast and very smooth, they also seemed to be able to stop and park up head to wind, impressive.

Yip thats quick...pity there isnt fleet racing that would be a good watch!!

+1

They should chuck a fleet race in there! Like a invitation race...

They are

Great videos. Thanks for sharing OC.

Is it me or was the last 20 seconds of the 1st video a brown undies moment? I reakon if there was a bit more chop the outcome could have been very different.

It also looks like Oracle are having to bear away a long way to get up on foils and they don't seem to be able to use the generated apparent to come back up again without falling off the foils again. They are impressive to watch tho.

Hmm, fassst. But to me does not appear as stable on the foils as TNZ, twists more, and looks about ready to crash and burn.....TNZ might be the last one standing yet. Looking fwd to the event :D

Archived