NZ designed Mini 650 kitset and South pacific Mini circuit.

B00B00

STS - you say that as if it were so easy, what is it you know that we don't

It is as easy as you make it.

with all the resources and Talent that Yachting NZ has along with its association with people like Grant Dalton, Emirates, and our rich yachting friends such as Mr Alfa Romea,... all it would take is a innovative plan, presentation, sponsor benefit, and media profile (now let me think where we could promote a Fleet full of Sponsor painted 650's? :shifty: ) and your away!

Just like the other "sponsored fleets" (elliots squaddie boats for example) it is not hard to put a great concept to group of companies looking for market profile.

you could even have a regionalised fleet (wgtn, Aklnd, ChCh, Dunedin... like Super 14) where each (all yacht clubs band together) sponsors a boat and then race in a series with races in each port. YNZ could help you with this one and may have spare cash from thier sponsors to share on a great "SAILING" concept like this..

There are a couple of free ideas to work on. Who's is in charge of marketing / promotion?

Sponsorship is easy if you want it and are prepared to work hard for it.

[quote="sailbad the sinnerWho's is in charge of marketing / promotion?

I nominate Sailbad the Sinner.

Hey Squid you should try Altex coatings Ltd, Ron Brown should be the one to call. There an international brand, have big outlets in NZ and Aussie, great for the south pacific aspect, and they sell resene who make durpox which must be one of the best primer/ top coats out there for race yachts.

Ok banter aside

pictures for shanson

post-234-141887156183.jpg

post-234-141887156186.jpg

[quote="sailbad the sinnerWho's is in charge of marketing / promotion?

I nominate Sailbad the Sinner.

Possible sponsorship co's...

Altex

Ronstan

International marine paints

HArken

Southern Spars

Burnsco

Norths

Any oil, electricity, Phone, bank.... cartell

Any french Company that supports a boat in france

VW

Scandia...

Do the Blake Dalton approach where they look for gold, silver, bronze sponsors (from boats ownership down to fitting / money donations.)

Then give them a fleet concept with FNG pictures of thier (sponsors) boats and the profile they will get racing on the harbours / oceans of the south pacific.

Then "push the boat out" with something (promo) really radical like sailing them up queen street (on trailers) with nude mermaids and a banner stating the "green" concept of sailing and the "no CO2 emmisions" benefits od "ECO Travel"

then point out that "with sea level rises" this could be a new sailing route in the future!... QUEEN ST YACHT CLUB.

Gee! Greenpeace would give you a "lazy" million bucks for that press! and Steve crowe would be jealous!

Yes thats right Sailbad the Winner - these firms are all queing up to give money away right now...

If you had half an idea about sponsorship you would realise its not just a case of sticking stickers on boats and building a website. Generally the sponsorship is 50% or (much) less of the investment, with a relatively narrow market - being the sailing community any sponsor is going to have to extend the message to the wider population through other media (which costs the other 50% or way more) and have some sort of synergy with the sponsor organisation.

So exactly how much exposure will they get 'racing on the harbours / oceans of the south pacific' - bugger all in terms of reaching middle NZ consumers that actually purchase power, banking services etc.

Having worked in media and sponsorship for the last 15 years is not as easy as you make out. I've worked on S12/14, All Blacks etc which are all high awareness, high reach, high interest properties and even there those dollars are really hard to get and require some pretty big deliverables in terms of reach and synergy.

Any idiot can rattle off a list of names (you just proved that) but putting together a creative and valuable sponsorship deal is a lot harder particularly in the current (but improving)

economic climate.

Not saying it cant be done - I just think you are a dick and f*ck knuckles like you are full of wind and its too tempting not to point it out because you have so consistently made an arse of yourself.

Sod off back to where you came from Sailbad the Sodomist. You havent even attended on of the mini meetings - just stand on the sideline slinging shite.

Gee!

You give positive ideas with a bit of humour and Whooa!

Look what comes out of the wood work.

So all the sponsorship ideals of great people like Balke and Dalton are wrong?

If these people are not sponsoring anything then i suggest that the approaches have not been good enough to convince them.

On my last sailing campaign i managed to get several great sponsors using this method and several thousand dollars for my campaign.

Sorry for offering some ideas. :(

Gee!

Didn't see the humour there myself.

[quote="sailbad the sinner"

If these people are not sponsoring anything then i suggest that the approaches have not been good enough to convince them.

On my last sailing campaign i managed to get several great sponsors using this method and several thousand dollars for my campaign.

Sorry for offering some ideas.

Gee!

Didn't see the humour there myself.

[quote name='"sailbad the sinner"

Sorry for offering some ideas.

Great; so perhaps you could give us an example or two of your sponsorship efforts that did work.

Examples...

This was for one campaign

(no names given for future access options)

Major supermarket chain - set of sails, adverising on sails, coverage of overseas sailing costs. promo of boat in store.

A certain Lifestyle magazine - second set of sails plus travel costs, for article in magazine and regular use of boat for promotion. Hull signage.

Manufacturing co. - Supply of national and international transportation and covering of boat maintenace costs. for Trailor advertising and promotion via customers and web site.

Majour film/ camera supplier. - Supply of Money$$$ (cheque) to cover costs... for marketing campaign using boat and boat name incorporating co's logo / name. also our promotion plan utilised for thier nationwide push into youth market.

These sponsors contrbuted well over $60k for a 2 year campaign.

And how many people have pm'ed me to say 'good job' Sailgimp the Shitehead is such a dick in the last hour.....

Actually you do have some good ideas....from time to time and then you come out with some outrageous inflamatory statement and onerous negativity which is evident in your earlier posts on this and a lot of other topics.

Finding a couple of thousand dollars from a brother-in-laws funeral director company in Foxton (that just feels sorry for you and wants to make you go away) is a completely different scenario to setting up a national event, fleet of boats, broadcast coverage etc, etc, etc.

Its just that you (thats you Sailbag the Spinner,CS,Starboard etc.) have slagged this whole project off from the start then come through with a load of bright ideas to 'save the day' and make you feel better about your insignificant (or was that impotent?) self without actually commiting any time or effort to roll your sleeves up and help from the start.

The reality is - it is tough out there fighting for $ - Newspapers down 28%, mags down 18%, TV down etc. Online is the only one up for the year so its a hard climate to do it in but not impossible.

You seem to think your a f'ing genius for listing the usual suspects for sponsorship and saying its easy. Good on you mate.

As with most things - timing is everything and now is hard.

Here we go again!

So Karl, lets say for example I had a certain complete tosspot (f'wit,w'ker etc) on my Foe list, and I had enjoyed in the past 2 years not reading anything he posted.

Lets say this same person changes his log in name ?

Is he going to automatically go to my foes list ?

If not, it is a sanity feature well worth consideration.

I have said my bit now - dont want to spoil it for everyone.

Shame 'someone the stroker' cant do the same.

Someone had to say it. Sooner we flush him out (again) the better.

Feel free to PM me Sailbag - maybe one day we can meet up for coffee and be friends?

Not.

I really hope the 650 project gets up and running, good luck guys.

And how many people have pm'ed me to say 'good job' Sailgimp the Shitehead is such a dick in the last hour.....

Actually you do have some good ideas....from time to time and then you come out with some outrageous inflamatory statement and onerous negativity which is evident in your earlier posts on this and a lot of other topics.

Finding a couple of thousand dollars from a brother-in-laws funeral director company in Foxton (that just feels sorry for you and wants to make you go away) is a completely different scenario to setting up a national event, fleet of boats, broadcast coverage etc, etc, etc.

Its just that you (thats you Sailbag the Spinner,CS,Starboard etc.) have slagged this whole project off from the start then come through with a load of bright ideas to 'save the day' and make you feel better about your insignificant (or was that impotent?) self without actually commiting any time or effort to roll your sleeves up and help from the start.

The reality is - it is tough out there fighting for $ - Newspapers down 28%, mags down 18%, TV down etc. Online is the only one up for the year so its a hard climate to do it in but not impossible.

You seem to think your a f'ing genius for listing the usual suspects for sponsorship and saying its easy. Good on you mate.

As with most things - timing is everything and now is hard.

Blackfun, Do You mistake reality for negativity? (comments made by CS... appear to be very accurate looking back now)

sailbad the sinner has been nothing but positive and "real" (with a bit of humour)

With a attitude like that (above) its not suprising why you are struggling.

You are looking at the negative aspects of the "sponsorship market" and not at things like, for example , the "tasman tresspasser" guy and the $$$ he got from Co's like Timex.

or... Daltons extraction of millions from the GOVT and Emirates

Be positive Blackfun.

This site, for example, has plenty of sponsorship on it!

Reccession? what recession.

Advertising is sponsorship.

Tim,

Normally yes; as the user ID string stays the same, even if the user name is changed. If you click on the 'profile' button for a user, the URL will be of the form: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=9 - of which the u=* identifies the user (in this case the random number - 9 - I picked turns out to be Sundreamer).

However, in some particular cases where the user has craftily (or so they thought; as they could well have been flagged as soon as they attempted to register) created a new account, the user ID string changes. In this case one would be required to add this new user account to their Foes list.

In the meantime, the melodious tunes in the following thread may help sooth a disturbed soul:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=12746

For f**ks sake you lot..... do we have to head down that route again.

I see someone trying to make suggestions, which may or mat knot work but at least he's trying and then I see some petulant name calling school kiddies.

Which one are you?

Thank you, please continue or at least the grown ups please continue.

Archived