NZ designed Mini 650 kitset and South pacific Mini circuit.

B00B00

the nz mini association? i dont know but i would be keen for a Mini South Pac race every two years.

oh and fng would you be able to email those 2d originals to me? im having trouble with their resolution

cheers

Pm me you email adress and Il see what I can do. Just realized that I posted the mk 1 rig here's the mk 2 after consulting a certain french sail designer who has done these boats before. A bigger head and a substainable roach, and a raised I point - Bassically with one reef in the main we end up with a masthead rig.

post-234-141887154801_thumb.jpg

Guest stealth pussy
And for thoughts sake what do you lot recon we should call or NZ Class ? Kiwi ... , NZ ..... ???? and ???

Before you start worrying about the name you need some boats first. Stay in contact with me I might even ship my boat back from europe if there was some racing down under.

A very interesting and positive development from the usa, I feel an achivable south pacific circut happening before we know it

thanks Leo

Minitransat650.com Forum

Pacific Cup

« on: August 06, 2009, 00:29:19 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All,

For those that don't know the Pacific Cup is a 2,000 mile ocean race from San Francisco to Hawaii. It was started as a race to allow the ULDBs of the 70's (Moore 24, Express 27 and Santa Cruz 27s) an oppertunity to race to Hawaii as they are excluded from the Transpac. I have been in contact with the race comittiee over the last spring to ahve them modify the rules to allow minis. They were very receptive and added the loop holes nessary for us to enter. This is not a single handed race, (however the singlehadned transpac will allow minis) so we would have to enter as double handed. The good news is they would allow us to subistute sat phone for SSB, otherwise our class boats would be ready to go. we could minimize the cost of the trip by shareing a shipping container on the way home. I have entered the race and if you have interest feel free to contact me at the email adress below. taylor.cuevas@stantec.com a URL to check out the race is http://pacificcup.org/

Guest stealth pussy
This we know, What I'm asking is are you interested in running a vpp of you boat ( BBW 2009 ? ) against ours on the computor

I'm very interested to know who you got that info from?

From the latrest newslatter on the Solo Trans Tasman:

MINI TRANSATS

Scott Cavanough, from Manly in Queensland, will be racing his brand new 6.5m Bakewell – White designed Mini Transat, Skippy Challenge, in next years race and will show many larger yachts the way home to Mooloolaba. Scott’s normally bosun on the 41m rebuilt J Boat, Ranger in the Mediterranean, Caribbean and US eastern seaboard.

All best,

Lindsay.

Thanks Lindsay

As a owner of a mini in Aus, I would love to see more around in Aus and NZ. There seems to be a whole lot chat on the net with not much action, More action less chat. Not even LeoV sees this much banter on his site. So when one of you kiwi's is finally up for a match race across the Tasman, game on. I'll be there!!!! :clap:

I have some vpp info from the old BBW hull and the 2009 BBW hull

Hmmm sounds like you have told us

Here's our mini kited with a wing mast thanks to some info from mr wolf, lets see how good his price is.

I know your all waiting ( hopfully patiently ) for all the pricing. We are waiting for a few loose ends to come in to complete the package. I wont be too much longer. Hopfully I will receive all the info buy the end of the weekend.

post-234-141887154806_thumb.jpg

post-234-141887154809_thumb.jpg

Guest stealth pussy

All these great graphics but yet still no sign of a boat. But still talk about a boat for the Tasman Race. One has too wonder this race one coming or in 4 yrs.

As for stealth Pussy owning a boat. Well I don't, assumption is one's worst enemy...

You're right, It would be possible to have one for this years event, but unless you want to write a cheque......

In four years time there could easily be a fleet of 12-15 racing across the Tasman.

SP, I was going to post a smart arse reply regarding your post above thanking Lindsay, but hey whatever each to there own.

If we have a class mini 650 ready for the Tasman race and a willing skipper ( which could well be female ) great ! if we don't make it there will be another race another day

Guest stealth pussy

( which could well be female ) great ! if we don't make it there will be another race another day

Well I hope she's Blonde, 5'8, blue eye's and very cute.

Archived