Gennaker Wanted Ross 930

Deep Purple

We've got one from a Y8.4. Approx 13.5 in the luff and 6.8 in the foot. It's average condition and more of a reacher than runner. Your're welcome to take it for a spin if you want.

Rhys

Awesome, will pm you. Trying to keep it simple. We're well looked after fully crewed flat off, that's what the boats been doing last 5 years. But reaching, simrad I'd like some easy options. According to selden it should be okay as is bar code 0's.

Ps Sailutions are awesome!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And yeah I know, you can't use the anchor locker when it's set. I went this way because it slides back out the way and when not used will be stored down below so no weight out front.

Happy to provide humour if/when it folds up round my ears. Might attach a bobstay yet.

Looks good SD

We have the same Selden setup on the Elliott. Works great. We either remove by pulling it aft or just push it out past the forward edge of the anchor locker when anchoring.

Hasn't shown any sign of folding up on us!

Hey SD

Was on at Rob for years to put a prod on like I have on Redline, for much the same reasons you have fitted one. Had close to 20kts using an A3 Fract Genny and full main in 25-30kts Two handed! So they are definetely worth having for short handed stuff. I would defo fit a bob stay even just for the genny as there can e a lot of load to have on the extended prod.

On Redline I have two dyneema bob stays a short one (prod less than 1m out) which we use flying the code 0 on a furler, then a longer one for full prod and mast head Gennaker.

Stu

Archived