Weiti Winter series

Kiteroa

Considering the massive knock down we had out of the start and then wrapping the head sail around the forestay and having to pull it down to unwrap it i was very surprised we even got onto the podium.

We had a great start, no mistakes + flew extras and you still beat us on handicap! :lol: :crazy:

Haha, yea think our handicap is a bit of a joke but oh well ill take it until we get hammered for the future seasons. Hopefully next race we can pull our team together and have a race with no mistakes and also new sails would have arrived by then fingers crossed.

Hey Brendan, do you keep the boat right up by the old quarry?

I would love to know where the channel is up there, I wanted to take the crew for a tour further up the river on Sunday but when I got down to 1.8m of water with a 1.7m draft and an outgoing tide I bailed.

Which side is best?

I know the way up as far as my mooring but have only been further by dinghy.

Wicked lets see the photo's and go pro footage. doesn't worry me as I didn't hook the kite up backwards. Its hard to see how its hooked up when you're stuck on the talking stick.

Would have been good to get the ride though :shock: :shock:

interesting tack after the start settlers.

Wicked lets see the photo's and go pro footage. doesn't worry me as I didn't hook the kite up backwards. Its hard to see how its hooked up when you're stuck on the talking stick.

Would have been good to get the ride though :shock: :shock:

interesting tack after the start settlers.

Yes i thought it was rather interesting to! The crew got a lil wet when the ended up being dunked in the water haha.

Hey Brendan, do you keep the boat right up by the old quarry?

I would love to know where the channel is up there, I wanted to take the crew for a tour further up the river on Sunday but when I got down to 1.8m of water with a 1.7m draft and an outgoing tide I bailed.

Which side is best?

I know the way up as far as my mooring but have only been further by dinghy.

Yea we are about 200 meters from the old yard.

If you follow the boats until they end and the you will see a pole and head for that then head for the 1st jetty and then the next jetty and then you head sort of on a diagonal across the river towards another jetty in the distance. I draw 1.8m and can usually move up and down the river 2 hours either side of low tide. I havnt ventured past my mooring yet.

Looks like another breezy winter race this weekend! Once again the Settlers Reach boys will be the team to beat on the clock… Apparently they’re sporting a flash new main and some downwind gear. I hear the main is worth half a knot on the wind!

Confirmed?

Haha i do not know what you are talking about :wink:

Since the sighting of the new a main there has been a pointy thing attached to the bow and possibly if all goes well will have something to attach to it!

Looking forward to this next race, the old settlers does not mind the wind!

Awesome!

Will be cool to have another boat out there with a few mods. You’ll be keeping the What’s News boys honest then!

FYI, The handicapper’s name is Colin. His number is 4269439. :thumbup:

Seems they've pulled the pin. Good of Colin to do it earlier this time and saving us the drive up. Was looking forward to sailing in a bit of a sea again though.

You should all come down to the "Windy" City if you want to see REAL Winter windy conditions.

We even had one gust yesterday that got up (just) over TWO knots!

Archived