Artemis has capsized

Cameron

Would be interesting to see how it went over... Port hull is still up the right way under the boat, can see the back of it still attached to the rear beam...

Horrible seeing them performing CPR on the dock, was the first thing on the live feed, hope they guy comes through ok... Looks like they're trying to tow the boat back in now...

Wow what a shocker.

I have a couple of very good mates who were on that boat.

Phil (Blood) Jameson, I was his groomsman, he was my MC at my wedding, went to school together and flatted together for the best part of 10 years. I sure hope it wasn't him.....

Its actually gutting to hear that news. Hanging out for more info.

A very tragic event... thoughts with Artemis and their families... Apparently could have been up to 3 kiwis on board the boat, must be a very tough time for all involved...

BTS- here's your 15 mins of fame

Can you contact TV3, they want to hear froma Kiwi on the ground there. I'll pm you details .

Didn't look like it was blowing much (maybe 10-15kts) in the photos and videos, but then again, photos and video always seems to make sea conditions look less impressive than they are.

i wonder if that dodgy main beam let go...

remember it unbonded? during the first tow test and needed bodging back up

looks like the SA servers are struggling to handle the hits...

Didn't look like it was blowing much (maybe 10-15kts) ...

It was a pretty typical spring afternoon here. Where I was, the breeze was 15 - 20, with gusts to 25 (checked not longer after the accident when I heard the news). BTS is quite right in his observations from the Richmond side - the breeze would have been lower there and building steadily as you move in the direction of Golden Gate. It was about high tide and there would not have been a lot of wind against tide effect.

Artemis was on the north side of Treasure Island. The wind strength there would have been between the strength at Richmond and the stronger winds out towards Golden Gate. As I write this - four hours after the accident - it is averaging 15 on the Berkeley Circle with higher gusts. It has not built as much today as yesterday. I was out yesterday evening and there were gusts well above 25.

When all this happened today I was in my office. Didn't see any of it.

Archived