2013 SSANZ ATL B&G Simrad Series

Cameron

The way I've read it, EPIRB required, dinghy/liferaft not.

Rule 17.12(a) recomended

Yeah I think you're right- small boat div doesn't require the liferaft. Awesome. :thumbup:

I've had a bit on recently (official announcement to come) so haven't gotten organised and can't do Race 1 anyway. Plus I don't own a boat currently.

If anyone needs a crew for Race 2 let me know. Any Course.

I could probably find a couple of good references if anyone needs them.....

Jono

Jono Gravit

0274 754 169

Free advice and Beer!

We would like to invite any SSANZ race participants to drop down via the North Sails loft prior to the 7pm briefing on Thursday the 11th of July.

We will have a pallet of beer to drink and need a hand. We can also help you fit snuffers, pack kites, add glow stripes, and check sails over, our sales and service team will on hand.

Josh Tucker 3x SSANZ series winner will present a short talk at 6pm and finish in plenty of time to get to briefing, covering latest weather updates and help with your race strategy.

Everyone is welcome and it’s completely free

A gentle reminder about PHRF certificates for those yet to have done so and want to.

Not sure if the late processing penalty applies yet but I expect if it doesn't yet, it will tomorrow.

Also for those who've not read the NoR and may be affected, that (I think) only the Y88 class does it's own handicapping this year.

It would be great to see everyone using the PredictWind Tracker (SmartPhone App) this year.

If you install it between now and Saturday, its free for Race-1. (pretty sure it's only $1 per month if you use it ongoing)

Anyone with a smart phone (Apple/Android) can use it, and its very straight forward to use.

Just search for "PredictWind Tracker" in your iTunes/Android Store/Google Play

Links:

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/predict ... 52528?mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mFja2VyIl0.

RNZYS online tracking: http://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/race/rnzys (example of what you can see during or post-event)

SSANZ online Tracking: http://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/race/ssanz

Reminder that entries close at 6pm Wednesday (That's tomorrow)

Tomorrow

Well it seems like race entries close the Wednesday prior to each race but Series entries close on Thursday..?

"...Series entries will be accepted until the closing date of 11th July 2013, by completing..." from the SSANZ site.

looks like its shaping up to be a great series yet again. cant wait to get into it having not competed in it last year on the motorboat.

4 x SR26's will be on the start line - bring on the epicness!

SEND IT!

Where did all the wind go?

Hnf enetered - and more pleased with the current forecast than the previous one seeming as we lack waterline length (by at least a metre) on our competition!

If you're still meandering about on Sunday morning, you might wanna come home in a hurry!

(This also answers the previous question as to the where she went!)...

sunday.png

Just a reminder that Sailonline is once again buddied with SSANZ for the series... we will be running the shorthaul courses (as we usually do) 'cos SOLer NZL_yachtyakka is sailing on Promise and we'll be trying to do better than him!

Are there any other SOLers racing in reality? If so, please would you either post here your SOL boatname and the name of the yacht you are racing OR email that info to me (joanne@sailonline.org OR jsbcoo7@aol.com) .... I can add your names to the SOL Homepage blog!

ALSO

if anyone racing has a tracker that is viewable online, please would you post that info here? To make our virtual racers as interactive as possible we tend to look for boats on AIS, via local webcams etc etc, and, of course, we sight-see via Google Earth! hehe

Fair winds to all racing!

Archived