Watch the AC

Aussie

From the TVNZ website:

Fans can watch every race of the 2013 America's Cup live on tvnz.co.nz from Monday, while TV ONE will have extensive coverage of yachting's premier event with live broadcasts in Breakfast.

Coverage kicks off with the first race in the round-robin series of the Cup on July 8.

Fans can watch online - all of the races will be streamed in full at tvnz.co.nz/americascup , which also has all the latest news and video on Team New Zealand and the America's Cup.

During Breakfast, the team will cross to ONE News yachting correspondent Martin Tasker, who will be live on the water in San Francisco.

Tasker said this year's series will be a special one to watch.

"The allure of the America's Cup has always been what you don't know. You especially don't know which boat is quickest until they actually line up," he said.

In an online first, this year, users can get all of the following content whether they are viewing on desktop, tablet or mobile:

- Live Streaming of all races from Louis Vuitton Round Robin through to the America's Cup final in September

- Full race catch-up

- Highlights of the must-see moments from each race

- News, previews, reviews and interviews - video and text - in the build-up and throughout the three months of racing

- Additional commentary and blog content from our sailing expert Martin Tasker

From Wednesday, August 7, Breakfast will feature live coverage in full from the Louis Vuitton best-of-seven semi-final series.

This special live programming will continue on race days after the conclusion of Breakfast until the finish of the race.

Tasker, along with TVNZ commentator Peter Lester, will also appear on ONE News at 6pm regularly throughout the series.

What fleet race? ... in fact, what fleet?

I believe the "fleet race" is now a parade of AC72s under tow by tenders past the San Francisco waterfront.

What fleet race? ... in fact, what fleet?

I believe the "fleet race" is now a parade of AC72s under tow by tenders past the San Francisco waterfront.

Your right :( I was hoping that EMTNZ or Luna Rosa would try and capsize Oracle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Footage from the time trials should appear on youtube sometime Saturday/Sunday if they still have them.

I am really annoyed that "the America’s Cup YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/americascup (subject to territorial rights-holder restrictions)" applies to New Zealand.

As a major contender in this series we are being blocked from watching the youtube coverage! And when I go to the TVNZ site to watch highlights I get to see the ad and then a message saying streaming is unavailable, come back later!

This is not about sailing fans obviously - only sponsors!

:thumbdown:

I couldn't get the footage to work on the TVNZ Playstation app but it worked fine on the computer.

It's sooo amazing to see some upclose footage of a AC72 hooning along at 35-40kts. It just doesn't look real. Team NZ put together one nice alround package.

I am really annoyed that "the America’s Cup YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/americascup (subject to territorial rights-holder restrictions)" applies to New Zealand.

As a major contender in this series we are being blocked from watching the youtube coverage! And when I go to the TVNZ site to watch highlights I get to see the ad and then a message saying streaming is unavailable, come back later!

This is not about sailing fans obviously - only sponsors!

:thumbdown:

Tongmaster, I found the territorial rights restrictions (geo-blocking) can be pretty easy to sidestep by downloading some free VPN software off the net. Content providers like Americas Cup think I'm in the UK. "AnchorFree's ExpatShield" is an example & free

ETNZ increases lead by around 60seconds on downwind with no jib. And around a 20second gain on the last upwind without the jib. And + 1 more minute on the last downwind.

Archived