timberwolf

Ah yes.

Gary kindly ripped up the framing for the rowboat for me (Mount Gay changed hands), so I had a first hand look.

a) blown away when I picked up a scrap of honeycomb/carbon sandwich - it weighs nothing

B) Gary does know what he's doing, I always learn something from him

c) make sure you put them things on the right way up, it can be confusing

d) can't wait to see it all in one piece and flying again

e) one of the questions I asked Rob Denney when he was here was whether he was worried about such a long thin structure snapping off a la Philips (he said yes he was worried). But your bows would be not dissimilar, and strong enough that you are considering dumping the front beam. So maybe Rob's ideas do work???????

You must feel like an expectant father.

Ah yes.

Gary kindly ripped up the framing for the rowboat for me (Mount Gay changed hands), so I had a first hand look.

a) blown away when I picked up a scrap of honeycomb/carbon sandwich - it weighs nothing

B) Gary does know what he's doing, I always learn something from him

c) make sure you put them things on the right way up, it can be confusing

d) can't wait to see it all in one piece and flying again

e) one of the questions I asked Rob Denney when he was here was whether he was worried about such a long thin structure snapping off a la Philips (he said yes he was worried). But your bows would be not dissimilar, and strong enough that you are considering dumping the front beam. So maybe Rob's ideas do work???????

You must feel like an expectant father.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear !

Squid Squid squid,

Philips ahh yes, along with a few others broke off their bows, Tim Clissold designed the bow structure to not need the front beam But

I don't know of any ## input in this design, but we have to find out from Tim Clissold if he copied ## (Tim, please say it isn't so, Please !)

I should say there is always a canine connection with this boat so I see my role as more a dog breeder and dog trainer at this time, and later if Wolfie is good he will get to go for walks !

s**t wolfie - there's quie a bit more structure goin' on in there than the old ones!

More structure but at a much lighter weight.

No stringers or bits of cedar at 45 degrees.

Most of the bulkheads are the same but this time foam and carbon instead of ply and its doublers.

The Web is a "Clissold" special and is due to a very long fine bow.

Boat is coming along very well and is pretty much bang on budget and schedule.

Is that 'floor', for lack of a better word, in the armas a structural thing, just a floor to stack rum and stray slappers on or a combo of both?

And a part 2, do you actually stick stuff in your armas when sailing or are they kept empty?

And a part 3, the armas aren't designed to move? I.e you can't adjust them in or out or the angle of can you? Just wondering with those bits with what looks like bearings or something along those lines on the top, or are they just the holes for the beam bolts to go thru?

When I was visiting I asked Gary how accurately he could make a rudder (mine vibrate a bit) - he said that you could slide a temlate along it and not be able to slide a single sheet of paper between them at any point - I was impressed.

I was impressed.
Yeap, but a square junk sail made of woven cotton also impresses you :twisted: ;)

I must admit I am enjoying and slightly fascinated with this Wolf project. Very much looking forward to see just how different the beast is with the new parts installed. I'm assuming such a change will make her quite a different beast on the water.