timberwolf

Thanks to Marshy for his rigging help[ today. Also many thanks to Rigger, Knot Me and Especially jamie and Tony.

It was great to get the rig in.

Special thanks to Matty. Who has spent hours and hours on the boat, has worked to a very high standard.

The foils are truly awesome and the bright orange tips look super cool.

Without Matts help none of this would have happened.

Wolfy is very happy !

And the Wolfy is looking very good. That mast blue is a vast improvement than the last version.

I think Riggers camera makes your windex look like he has a fat arse and it needs to shave it's legs, way to much drag :lol: :lol:

Ah Tim, my job was the easy bit! Tie it on and let the crane do the work! Was actually good fun and so easy with Tony the crane operater a seriously cool operator! That crane is a wicked piece of kit! We need it to stay there perminantely for stuff like that!

No one has yet commented on the mast rake.

It kind of looks like quite a lot of rake, especially seen as the Rig Tension that goes on the Sidestays is not on in that photo.

When Matty did up the stays we put on about 180mm on the Sidestays to get the forestay tighter.

It also looks like the mast is too short!

No one has yet commented on the mast rake.

It kind of looks like quite a lot of rake, especially seen as the Rig Tension that goes on the Sidestays is not on in that photo.

It also looks like the mast is too short!

The mast is too short, i think you should give it to me and build another one...

I think the rake will be fine, In that photo i suspect the rig wasnt in the middle (When we stuck it in quickly we never pinned it off, just had it on rough lashings) so i think it was off to port, that with the boat sitting on the port Ama gives the illusion of too much rake.

It will be interesting now that the boat isnt so nosey to see if you need as much rake to keep the bows out or to make it go upwind. I think alot will change and it will take some time to get used to tuning the mast again. Moreso with twin rudders etc now so the helm will feel heaps different, and hopefully a little lighter than it used to be!

LOOKED GOOD OUT THERE YESTERDAY WOLFY. (Himm must have been noisy out there yesterday I'm shouting) Saw the foil working is it giving you as much lift as you thought it would? and now the big question.... is the boat faster?

Naaa, not quicker one of the 8.5's beat them up and we crossed them 3/4 of the way up the first beat in the chopstrand and poly 1970's vinatge GBE......but it was their 2nd race.

Guest mental outlook

Something tells me that might be the first and last race we will ever take off TW.

At times it looked very, very quick, both up and downwind.

Marshy, were you guys running any boards down wind? Seems you guys could haul us in pretty quickly downhill, although you are bigger with a sh#t load more HP I guess.

the wolf looked awesome on the way home, didn't have that doggish bow down look it used to have !

...we run very little board downwind...

Guest mental outlook

okay cool, we are the same but just wanted to check if we were possibly giving away a bit of pace by not having 'any' board down.