timberwolf

As I said I'm not actually asking about the financial agreement, the number of hours is irrelevant without knowing what the hourly rate is.

As I said I was asking to get some sort of comparison of your project of longer floats with professional boat builders to our project being worked on by a couple of amateurs.

If you don't want people asking you questions about your project why bother putting photos on?

Just forget I asked, Good luck with the launch date and keep up the good work :thumbup:

I think this whole forum is fantastic. I am an engineer but have not done alot of work with carbon. I think it is fantastic to see how the inner structure has been fitted to the outer skin. Hat off to you FNG and good work Mr Wolf! keep the pics flowing..

I think this whole forum is fantastic. I am an engineer but have not done alot of work with carbon. I think it is fantastic to see how the inner structure has been fitted to the outer skin. Hat off to you FNG and good work Mr Wolf! keep the pics flowing..

Yeah - what he said, only I'm not an engineer! Awesome Mr Wolf!!

And I'll 3rd that.

I am concerned the green tape will eventually date and think a orange would be better but I'm no engineer nor a Tralise Cooper so I could be wrong :)

Mr Wolf willing to give any froward predictions as to the expected speed gains or other significant on the water changes due to the new armas?

And I'll 3rd that.

I am concerned the green tape will eventually date and think a orange would be better but I'm no engineer nor a Tralise Cooper so I could be wrong :)

Mr Wolf willing to give any froward predictions as to the expected speed gains or other significant on the water changes due to the new armas?

Prediction 1: timberwolf will not nosedive again

Prediction 2: will be faster in a straight line in over 12 knots of breeze

Hope: Top speed will exceed 30 knots

Those are very bold statements Tim. I would like to put some beers on a couple of these points. I will have to think of a term based on time to learn how to push it. Will discuss over a couple of ales this evening. Speakers or reservoir?

Good luck with that - thats the really tricky bit but FnG looks like he is well and truly onto it. I'm sure he will be checking the gaps with a zig zig paper.

Looking forward to the pics.

They are leaving it on and Samin and Rob Denney are coming over to help colour in the gaps with green crayon to keep weight down and on budget.

No fairing, no paint and crayon is waterproof.

Just don't leave it in the sun.

who got the job of pulling off all that green tape?

Its already off.

If you don't already know, the very reason you use green tape is that comes off easily, intact, even if its been in the sun a few days.

WHAT....you removed the structual green tape !! Thats the only thing holding it all together.

and how will Samin and Rob know where the lines are when colouring it in :thumbdown:

Great day yesterday, we joined the two halves. Went very well and got to see the new beasty for the first time.

Is spectacularly fair ! Very light also to lift the "heavy" side with the structure in it.

Thanks very much guys for all your help, would have been a real mission with less help.

I slept like a baby after taking out how ever many screws lying on a mechanics creeper :thumbup:

Sounds exciting Mr Wolf. Looking forward to the photo's. I must say the dedication to photographing the construction and sharing is fantastic as it would be much easier to not do so. Will this end up being the longest subject in Crew.org history?

Sounds exciting Mr Wolf. Looking forward to the photo's. I must say the dedication to photographing the construction and sharing is fantastic as it would be much easier to not do so. Will this end up being the longest subject in Crew.org history?

Around 12000 hits so far, the first ama is nearly done now.

The biggest disadvantage of building in the batten mould is supposed to be the additional weight of bog required to get the hulls fair, but I'll tell you what, this is going to need next to no filler, it is fantastically fair. The trick is to get the foam to properly sit in the mould.

Photos of the second ama will just be to show overall progress rather than all the very fine detail.

I think there are a few more photos on their way soon

The biggest disadvantage of building in the batten mould is supposed to be the additional weight of bog required to get the hulls fair, but I'll tell you what, this is going to need next to no filler, it is fantastically fair. The trick is to get the foam to properly sit in the mould.

Mr. Wolf - the outer laminate is not on yet right? How are you intending to lay that up?

Mr. Wolf - the outer laminate is not on yet right? How are you intending to lay that up?

The bottom laminate will go from deck chine to deck chine across the bottom centreline in one piece.

the deck laminate will go from deck chine to deck chine across the deck centreline in one piece.

there will be rebates at the deck chine to allow for the extra laminate thickness.

Will be hand laid, as everything is so light a bit of extra resin will help stop it bruising.