timberwolf

I have a few question Wolfy.

1/ Hows the second hull coming on.

2/ Do you have a launch date.

Thank you for your interest Motorboy.

I think the first half of the 2nd ama was glassed yesterday and the foam core is just being placed in the mould for the second half.

I am hoping that by December the 3rd the second ama will be virtually complete.

that will allow for the completion of the long list of jobs over our Christmas break, allowing a relaunch in the New Year.

Glad to hear progress is steadily being made Mr W! Bit of a pisser being without floats over Christmas eh, but the bigger picture looks great.

I must admit that lacking a 3 dimensional mind I struggle to get my head around how it all will look. Last week I was in Kumeu and when I got home I though that I should have gone in for a look - but I didn't think of it at the time and also I don't know where Gary is.

I'd invite you out for a sail in my shiny red boat but you'd probably find sailing at 7 knots a bit tedious. :wink:

Glad to hear progress is steadily being made Mr W! Bit of a pisser being without floats over Christmas eh, but the bigger picture looks great.

I must admit that lacking a 3 dimensional mind I struggle to get my head around how it all will look. Last week I was in Kumeu and when I got home I though that I should have gone in for a look - but I didn't think of it at the time and also I don't know where Gary is.

I'd invite you out for a sail in my shiny red boat but you'd probably find sailing at 7 knots a bit tedious. :wink:

You might be right but I would be very happy to come out for a sail on your new Trimaran, once you have sold your gleaming Red yacht :sailor:

DSC07125.JPG

One of the difficult decisions that you need to address when remodelling an existing boat is what Characteristics of the boat are essential to it, i.e. without which characteristics would Timberwolf simply no longer be Timberwolf.

I decided at an early stage that the very distinctive reverse sheer on the amas had to stay.

It was more work at the design stage, and it has taken a bit of fairing (and by no means is it perfect !), but the reverse sheer in the gunwhale rail and the reverse in the deck line both ensure the retention of at least a part of the original Timberwolf look.

It could well be meeting its cousin the "middle hull" on the weekend for a trial fit to the beam sockets.

Tim - nice work.

PM me if you want a hand/lift over the weekend for the trial fitting. I am land locked due to Labrador recovering from surgery.

No problem to pop down and lend another set of hands.

EE

Was great to get so much help on the weekend, all went pretty well.

Peter, thank you so much for your help and extra brain power !

you have definitely earned a few rum races on Wolfy now !

Cheers Tim, it was good to see her/him go together relatively easily...

Sorry I missed you guys at 3pm yesterday - got a bit too involved on the end of the polisher on Energy and realised it was 3pm when I started to pack up... sounds like she/he came apart easily too.

Cheers

EE

was quite funny, there was just you and russ to come so matt decided to take out the pins. every 1 thought we'd be booting and kicking the ama sockets off, but he no sooner had taken out the pin and it started to slide off.

Isn't it interesting that after a while you get used to something, even Tims occasionally 'interesting' colour schemes. The beasty just looks wrong with armas that colour now :)

But then they do look a lot better on the boat than in the shed. She's turning back into a yacht, nice work team :thumbup:

the main hull and the beams have been put on notice that if they don't raise their game they are going to struggle to find a place on the programme

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They give you any lip back when you told them that? :lol: