2013 ATL B&G Simrad Series "Oh @#$%" award nominee's...

Cameron

Come on, either own up, or dob someone in! Great prizes from Ropes Chain's and Anchors are up for grabs.

I reckon there are few few contenders in a certain video posted on the Shorthanded Sailing Association of New Zealand's Facebook page.

Ok I'll out myself before someone else does. Dropping the #3 jib over the side during a sailchange while running under kite. Turning round only to watch it sink like the titanic before we could get to it. Photo by Neil Bassett

image.jpg

As last years winner sadly im gunna get my own back -

I will nominate Heaven n Hell for taking Mercenary out on the start line - I would have protested if i still owned it but i sold it to a nice guy!

Port!.png

HNH.png

And also Andar for their crash on the start line, and Tickled Pink i think it is?

Cameron snapped these shots so i wonder if after snapping the winning photo of me last year he will be the winning photographer?

Andar.png

Tickled Pink.png

I agree that those guys had an absolute shocker, Andar, tickled pink and heaven and hell are standout performers on the shockers list.

The trouble is if we nominate them for this award they might actually win something for it, that defeats the point!

In the shocker start section I'm bloody sure I saw a Supertanker34 playing a tad loose as well. There was one right next to it having a hell discussion about someones ancestry. Any comments on that one Mr Motorbike ;)

I think it was the most loveable Ginger, Stephen C, in charge of the camera.

The starts were funny as hell from the RC boat. Can Revolution Blues cut down the number of turns it used to finally get around the IDM next time. The start crew started to feel dizzy watching them :lol:

Dropping the #3 jib over the side during a sailchange while running under kite.

A likely story, the lengths some people go to to get rid of unnecessary weight.

Dropping the #3 jib over the side during a sailchange while running under kite.

A likely story, the lengths some people go to to get rid of unnecessary weight.

Yeah Light weather race with no real prospect of any breeze and you've got your #3 on deck??

Oh Please, come on Phil Tell us the truth, You didn't like the sail and biffed it over the side

Thought we'd be pretty cool peeling from A4 to A2 somewhere south of Flat Rock. Shambles from a***hole to breakfast time. Scooped half an ocean on the drop, ended up leaving the remnants of a perfectly good kite around both keel and rudder......a triumph of ego over execution! Bugger! There is a lesson in there somewhere........

Archived