2013 ATL B&G Simrad Series "Oh @#$%" award nominee's...

Cameron

That wasn't our kite! It is our protest flag. I was protesting all of the smaller boats who remove their outboards. I alway thought cat 3 required them to remain in place. owever after some discussion we decided to get the flag down and get on with the race. Really missed that sail on the way to Motuora.

My appologies MB. We were. I had always thought that the longer race was a cat 3. Seem to remember being asked for a certificate sometime in the past. Just as well we got our flag down.

I Think Rafferty Rules has it in the bag so far with a broken rig, he just needs to send in the photo of the outboard bracket he wiped off before the boat even got wet on the last race!

How does that song go? 2 out of 3 aint bad...

I'll admit to have a 'winning story'... just need to get permission from the boss before making the photos public... :sailor:

Sounds intriguing.

Don't Bogart the photos, bring them on :thumbup:

I would like to nominate the big tinny the police have.

ON the second race after the finish and we were steaming home by the barbers pole when a boat coming down the wrong side shone a very bright light in our eyes as we were trying to locate the ist green can up the tamaki. I gave them a one finger salute not knowing who it was. They then proceeded to blind us and ordered us to stop. I wasn't happy and told them so. The officer proceeded to tell me my emergency nave lights were not to regulation .I cant remember my reply but my laughter must have infuriated him cause he then said my name on the side of the boat was not regulation either, its 75mm lettering.

I gave up and opened up the outboard, 3.5hp, and speed off into the night.

Ok so pics of the broken outboard bracket below. So the final list for rafferty rules is new mast, paint job, 2 fibreglass repairs, rips in the main and jib, various rigging stuff and an outboard bracket.

I've had my share of major's this year now.

compressed DSCF5073.jpg

Archived