Young 11 and elliot 1050

... Agreed a R40 running costs is alot more than a y11...

Why is that?

If you go from a Y11 or a 1050 and jump on a Ross 40, it is soon apparent that everything is quite a lot bigger. Sails, mast, length, ropes, winches, everything and it all costs a bit more. You wouldn't think that 4 or 5 feet could make that much difference but it does!

L4... there's a y11 buried in a rubbish tip? ?? You know what they say. .. one man's rubbish is another man's treasure. ... more info lol. Agreed a R40 running costs is alot more than a y11. It's not so much the noise but the c location of the engine that's the problem. It's the chop quiet a bit quicker than fineline?

The Y11 was Big Ruby.. And I think the remains were cut up with a chainsaw before being buried so probably not worth digging up! Why was it the fastest? It certainly wasn't when I raced against it!

It was a story alright. It was lost in 2000 when a storm broke up the Littleton Marina. Innocent Man a Ross 35 is properly buried next to it. I pretty sure the owners at the time replaced Big Ruby with another Young 11.

They brought Forever Young with the insurance money.

I heard Innocent Man was being repaired somewhere but never seen or heard of it since then. A lot of the boats were brought by tender, repaired and sailing again.

race track kind of say's that pork chop hasn't been sailed very well at all if smakme is correct.

RT will be including Pork Chop's twilight racing where it's been my impression that they're perhaps not quite as intense about the racing as some. Looking at her by series and just using the winter series races probably better reflects her potential.

Think the newish keel has done good things for her.

Think I'd adopt the posture of a dedicated fence sitter if they were racing with equivalent ability crews.

As FnG noted, you could do a whole heap worse than either of them.

fineline is too tall to be a young 11. according to the class president the rule is force eleven or smaller. think fineline has about 600-700 taller rig than force and a deeper keel.

Why was it the fastest? It certainly wasn't when I raced against it!

That's cos we werent there :thumbup:

never a truer word spoken

fineline is too tall to be a young 11. according to the class president the rule is force eleven or smaller. think fineline has about 600-700 taller rig than force and a deeper keel.

schein slime (fineline) is a class compliant Y11 hull, cedar epoxy from memory, great memories of chainsaw smoke billowing from the companionway as phollings lightened and jettisoned unwanted built in crap

They brought Forever Young with the insurance money.

I heard Innocent Man was being repaired somewhere but never seen or heard of it since then. A lot of the boats were brought by tender, repaired and sailing again.

Innocent man is sitting on a mooring in momarangi, its got no rig and is used as a launch I think

I think you are right.

From what I remember Fineline was 15m on the main luff and Force 11 was around 14.2 or 14.5m

Standard Y11 is 13.4m.

Archived