Looking at re powering Settlers Reach

Settlers Reach

Hi all

have had a few issues with current engine and gearbox seizing so am thinking of re powering the old girl with something a little smaller as the 24hp just seems a bit over kill and would like to get the weight down.

So if any1 out ther has something around 15-20 hp could be interested in having a look!

Cheers

Brendan

If i was to primaraly race the boat i would probably consisder the outboard option but she is setup for cruising so will stick with the diesel inboard.

14hp may be a little on the small side but thanks will look into that one a little more!

I got a Nanni 14/15hp in my Cav32.. Has handled every condition I could throw the boat at no problem. Pushes me easily at hull speed - and that's with the engine in backwards. And yes the Cav is probably twice the displacement of Settlers

15 hp outboard should do the trick. anyway she seems to be turning into a raceboat :D :D

You havn't seen the interior i am putting in it phil, i have been working away over the winter pulling the whole bathroom area apart and putting new vanity in and hanging locker, extended the setee, pressure hot and cold water, outdoor shower and all new upholstery

That aint a prod out the front it is an anchor roller :wink:

I got a Nanni 14/15hp in my Cav32.. Has handled every condition I could throw the boat at no problem. Pushes me easily at hull speed - and that's with the engine in backwards. And yes the Cav is probably twice the displacement of Settlers

Thanks cav 32, is that yours on trademe?

Thanks cav 32, is that yours on trademe?

Nope - Thinks the old girl would be a tad difficult to get out of the marina without the Nanni :lol:

15 hp outboard should do the trick. anyway she seems to be turning into a raceboat :D :D

That aint a prod out the front it is an anchor roller :wink:

I simply won't put up with that kind of language on this forum :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Hope you'll be there for sunday :thumbup:

anyway cruiser racers are the best way to go.

We have 100l of water, big freezer and all the other junk cruising with kids entails.

The bump was the same.

there is such a beast as a cruiser racer.

Can't beat having your boat set up for both occasions!

Yes will definitely be out on sunday, have managed to borrow a 5hp which should get us out of the river!

Also have lined up a Lombardini 13hp so hopefully wont be long until we are back under our own steam!

Archived