Whose got an ATN Snuffer/Sock?

I'm rejuvenating an ATN spinnaker snuffer. I've started with a bag of bits, including a broken hoop. :(

I would like to look at, or get some photo's of the hoop end of the sock - so I can get the correct lines tied to the correct places on the hoop. Any size or age of ATN snuffer will do.

I've got a fair idea what goes where, but I'd rather make sure than have a stuff-up in a squall. :oops:

If you come into Norths we have some old ATN and North snuffers and also I think we still have some hoops kicking around, I would be happy to show you how they work and maybe even find you some bits and peices.

So what is it about the ATN snuffer system that has everybody unanimously saying "spend the money and get an ATN" if anyone is even contemplating having a snuffer on their spinnakers?

So what is it about the ATN snuffer system that has everybody unanimously saying "spend the money and get an ATN" if anyone is even contemplating having a snuffer on their spinnakers?

We've got ATN, heard the same thing when I was looking around & it's great.

One story was that the material they are made of is nice & soft/slippery & this helps it run up & down easily.

Certainly take a bit of pressure off when it's just Nina & I sailing & the winds up 15 knots from when we put the kite up.

Just ease a sheet, pull the sock down & pack it all away. :thumbup:

Archived