White Antifoul

Battleship

Hi Willow,

I used Vivid White from Petit before the Solo Tasman. See attached pics.

Great for being able to see the keel and rudder for anything caught while sailing. Shows every bit of growth, which is why I liked it. Wife hated it for same reason! Lasted only a year, but we did lots of miles that year (maybe 10,000).

MattIsland Time re antifouled white - small.jpg

Resene are the NZ agents. Sorry I bought mine a few years ago in Wellington, can't remember the exact store.

Because it shows everything, even slime, it does discolor pretty fast. It's a semi ablative, so can be wiped without rubbing it off. We went to the tropics, so wiping it in the warm water every few weeks was no problem! :D

I use Vivid White from Petit as well. The Altex office on Rosebank Road supplied it.

Im aluminium, so im pretty restricted (no copper) in my options, hence i cant compare with any other white brands. Seems ok, but it is very soft

Concur with whats been said above.

I've got white War on - looks very pink when applied (not that pink would have bothered me) but does go white(ish) in the water. Only issue I've had is the band above the waterline that's oxidised and gone a funny copper-green colour - more of an issue because my waterline is set to "offshore ballast" height but the boat is currently empty!

Archived