PIC Insurance Brokers Coastal Classic - Fri 25 October 2013

Zoe

Hi all,

Race starts in 69 days.

The race newsletter has just gone out and in particular includes details of the upcoming Race Prep session that's free for all definite or prospective entrants, and also of the new prize, donated by North Sails, for top keeler on PHRF, across all divisions. A great new feature of the race.

Here is the link:

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=4b9 ... f098bb8&e=[uNIQID]

I have to say the prospect of Team Australia and a VOR70 on the startline is incredibly exciting. Lots more info on Facebook if you are that way inclined.

Cheers!

Zoe

Made me go check my mail

Brand new prize for top PHRF boat

The PIC Insurance Brokers Coastal Classic is thrilled to let you know that 2013 will see the introduction of a prize for the top boat on PHRF, from all keelboat racing divisions. The winner will receive a prize worth $1,000 from North Sails New Zealand.

PHRF is the handicap system applied to all keelboat entrants in the race fleet (cruising entrants can be exempt, and multihulls utilise a separate system). There were 129 PHRF entrants last year.

"It means that one keelboat - regardless of its size or maximum speed - can be celebrated, as the overall race winner on handicap," says race spokesperson Matt Flynn of the New Zealand Multihull Yacht Club. "There will be a lot of prestige for the winner, and the prize from North Sails is an excellent one for any boat."

PIC Insurance Brokers Coastal Classic Race Clinic.

September 2.

7 pm Dinghy Locker RNZYS.

Clinic for first time entrants, and people keen to learn more about successfully and safely completing the race.

A panel of experts will discuss :

Rig Safety and preparation.

Boat maintenance and making sure your boat is in top condition.

Communications up the coast

Safety Regulations and essential equipment and procedures.

Navigation up the coats, obstacles, lights, sailing in the dark, potential hazards, and getting there safely.

This will be an informal evening on of discussion and information so bring along your questions as well. And its free!

Hi Willow, sorry to hear you are having issues. Very frustrating! If you go to the 'Contact Us' page on the website, there is an email address and phone number there. The email address is different from last year, the ccinfo@ one no longer works. Also, if you leave a message for Anthony, he will ring you back. He works full time, so may not be able to do it immediately but he is usually pretty prompt. If all else fails please email me zoe@wildemedia.co.nz and I will pass on your query.

Thanks Willow! (and ScottiE.)

While we are talking about the Coastal, I'd really like to hear about new boats, old boats, returning entrants, and any new or unusual stories that I can write up in the next few weeks. I like being able to tell stories that I haven't heard before.

It's getting close now!

your uni degree finally comes good for ya eh!

yup - at an indvidual level Dave's right. The entry level will probably be closer to 200 than to 300 though (around 110 at the moment). However remember that on the night its still 1/50 that the car will be claimed and that's a pretty damn good chance. But to be in to win you actually have to enter! Normal entries close next Friday so get in now to avoid the late fee.

Bump - over 120 entries already! If you want a crack at the Audi you'll need to get your entry in!

If anyone's having trouble with their entry just drop me a pm with your name, boat name and ph no. (or just hit the contact us button) and we'll get back to ya!

Archived