LV final

Those were nice races by ETNZ. No one complains when the All Blacks thrash their opposition!

I didn't notice/see the VMG issue with the occasional foiling upwind - too much leeway? Guess foiling upwind might not be the holy grail after all.

I wonder at the need for the prods, haven't seen a gennaker since the left Auckland I think! Perhaps they need to keep them as part of the forestay strut system but seems it would be an advantage to be able to take them off when you know the breeze is going to be over 12kn or whatever the gennaker cut-off is.

Design team probably have the issue in hand though :wink:

Great day in San Fran, 2 AC 72's gybing (flybing?) 200 metres off the beach at Marina Green, then the same back upwind, both cats laying right in to the beach then tacking back out. Then a quick taxi ride to AC Base at Pier 29 for the 2nd race that got cancelled.

Which meant Nappa Valley wine & Mumm Champers for a few hours talking yachting with locals, sorting out which invitation for tonite's party sounded best. Looks like "The Saloon", 150 year old bar with 3 local girls showing us the ropes.

Almost wish this Cup wasn't going to be over tomorrow!

Well Nina does anyway, still wearing that Luna Rossa shirt can you believe it?

Missed the Warlord crew again today, let's try again tomorrow boys?

Seriously considering staying for the Cup against the Evil Empire at this stage, this place is really fun.

Hope winter isn't too bad back there, bye for now from the San Fran Crew.org crew. :wave:

Cheers Murky, logged on just in time to see them cross the finish line.

I think DB's comment about not being able to see them was more about the delta and not about the weather :lol: :lol:

The Herald tweet quoted Dean Barker saying "I can't cover them cause I can't see them"

Quote of the series ! classic stuff, says so much.

Was it DB, or Ray Davis? Either way, too true. The 'helicopter' shots were interesting, couldn't see the boats, just looking down on a fog bank with 2 computer graphics laid on top. NZL - 18+ knots, and ITA 13knots...

Are they racing race 8 in fog?!? (Don't have a TV so can't actually see)

The Herald tweet quoted Dean Barker saying "I can't cover them cause I can't see them"

Surely that is a major, fundamental safety issue, not to mention a complete joke for TV coverage, and for match racing.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=11114211

Vis was fine for the race. Fog was high by the time they started, maybe 150 feet?

Archived