35+ to 0 in 2 seconds...

Dude

That's a fair bit of shock load on the whole structure... I hope they haven't damaged anything that will come back to haunt them.

Just watched the Oracle team practice race.... Gotta say both of their crews look pretty average when compared to ETNZ. Their manoeuvres are slower and they appear to be a few kts off the pace upwind and downwind.

if any one of the oracle did that we would be seeing a different result, guess dean and glenn found a yellow dotted line they didn't need to cross

The atmosphere sure can change fast here at the AC village in Downtown SF.

From the first mark where the visiting Kiwis were quaffing Nappa Valley bubbles @ chortling, to a few minutes later at the top mark dive, when the Italians came to life and a few Kiwi's choked on their lunch!

Strangely enough, the invitations for drinks tonight have evaporated, looks like late nights in both camps!

Things definately just got a bit more interesting, and yes I agree wiht the earlier post, if that had been Oracle with those bows doing that dive I think they'd still be going down. :D

Rumour on the dock has it DB forgot to adjust the leeward foil when rounding the mark causing the "pig root".

There is a hydraulic adjustment of foil rake and left/right tilt which gives better lift when going into hyperdrive down wind. This is adjusted prior to or during the mark rounding by a control next to DB and in the trimmers cockpit.

Some one may have forgot to "pull the big red lever" :D

Oh Dude, how wrong can you be, that's knot even close to the truth. I've told you 4 billion times, stop exaggerating!!!!!

I was told John Key got his butler to speak to Kim Dotcom who then did a deal with Lazza E who got his mates at Area 51 to take out ETNZ using secret underwater weaponry developed by Frank the Pug dog (you'll know him from that documentary 'Men in Black') as John Key didn't want a repeat of awkward handshake moment, like the Rugby World Cup when, ETNZ walk away with the AC.

Lazza promptly agreed as he knows Team Oracle Cheating is still a long way off the pace and by taking out ETNZ in the LV he was hoping the blame for the incident would fall on the left over pasta lunch the crew of Luna Rossa flicked overboard just prior to the start.

from secret on board recordings:

Waddell : how you doing old man? Good things these races are shorter so you can stay the distance

Dalton : that's it Rob, i've had enough of the age jokes, your getting flushed

Waddell : yeah right, you & whose army?

Barker: bearing away in 3....2....1......

Rumour has it team NZ are not that reliable and will breakdown today and LR will win :wtf:

Soooo.. no we will not have a race consisting of 2 boats...that actually finish.

Yyaaawwwnnn.

I find that I am just watching this hoping for a disaster to make it :think: interesting.

Rumour has it team NZ are not that reliable and will breakdown today and LR will win :wtf:

Soooo.. no we will not have a race consisting of 2 boats...that actually finish.

Yyaaawwwnnn.

I find that I am just watching this hoping for a disaster to make it :think: interesting.

I was referring to the OR/ETNZ match up.

What match up???

There is no Match racing in the AC anymore. And...

OR may not even be allowed to race... or they may break into small bits of carbon.

Same can be said for LR or ETNZ.

I could easily see the wind limit being dropped to 0 - 5.229949302 knots at this rate

Could be that the fittest survive to challenge a defender, that shot its foot off, in a regattta of sprint races (if you can call them a race) that will be remembered for the carnage rather than the skill of sailing.

Loving the carnage though :D

What match up???

There is no Match racing in the AC anymore. And...

OR may not even be allowed to race... or they may break into small bits of carbon.

Same can be said for LR or ETNZ.

I could easily see the wind limit being dropped to 0 - 5.229949302 knots at this rate

Could be that the fittest survive to challenge a defender, that shot its foot off, in a regattta of sprint races (if you can call them a race) that will be remembered for the carnage rather than the skill of sailing.

The match up that might happen if OR and ETNZs speed are about the same as per vid.

Just one more possibility to go with your other six alternate realities.

Archived