tidal grid?

can anyone point me at a tidal grid around Auckland that I can use? I'm in gulf harbour, so nearer better than further. I need to replace my saildrive fairing rubber, so only need an hour or so. too poor for travellift at the moment!

so is there anything remaining, or is it all marinas now?

Weiti has several that would work for you, just up from Gulf Harbour.

There is a bar to get over, but if your comming in at high tide to go on the grid the bar wont worry you. We draw 1.8 and the rough rule of thumb is not crossing two hours either side of low tide.

There are piles both upstream and downstream of the wharf, most have concrete pads under to sit on, some have launch pile withingies, or you can dry out leaning on the side of the wharf.

best to sus them at low tide before going on. You need to book (but this isn't ever a problem). I think there is a modest fee, but Louise the club manager will sort you out on this info.

If you want PM me for more details, we have a tide programme and can work out exactly when we will touch and float off on the piles we use regularly.

PS, looks like AA and I posted at teh saem time.

There is one outside the Stillwater boating club just up the river from the weiti boating club.

My inlaws have a wharf just past the stillwater boating club which I use for my boat.

I think I will put mine on the grid up there this weekend.

looks like I have a bit of choice. that's great!

booboo is there room for two? I was thinking this weekend as well, provided the part turns up!

is there a cost at the stillwater one?

thanks

I can remember when sailing on a well known 42footer (43 years ago) putting it on the sand at Bucklands beach with a spinnaker pole as a strut either side of the boat to hold it upright. Clean the bottom at low tide, go to the pub until full tide to float it off and back to the mooring.

Usually yes, but no antifouling runoff, so no high pressure blasting. Ask the grid owner for a copy of the rules. I usually go for a swim for the slime, but kind of cold at this time of year! 

went to a meeting last night and were told there is no more cleaning of hulls on grids,must be removed,thought that cannot be right and can find no new updates on ak council site,so am thinking go ahead and do it,heck not much they can do when tide is out and no signage!