Fashion Faux Pas

So I'm already in my wife's bad book for wearing crocs on the boat (they have a non skid sole and you can get them wet, and they are comfortable). But she also thinks the only place anyone should be seen wearing sweat pants is an old folks home.

I say they are warm, have no hard metal bits like jeans that can damage the deck. And if you get paint or varnish on them you can throw them out and get a new pair for $10. What's not to like???

Dirty little secret is that denim jeans would be one of the LEAST comfortable forms of clothing ever invented.

IMHO anyone skippering their own boat is entitled to wear what they damned well like...

Anyone ever noticed that the self-styled fashion police don't actually ever _DO_ anything except maybe lunch?

So I'm already in my wife's bad book for wearing crocs on the boat (they have a non skid sole and you can get them wet, and they are comfortable). But she also thinks the only place anyone should be seen wearing sweat pants is an old folks home.

I say they are warm, have no hard metal bits like jeans that can damage the deck. And if you get paint or varnish on them you can throw them out and get a new pair for $10. What's not to like???

Your poor suffering wife. Id offer some feedback, but i dont know where to start on such a lost cause.

Listen to your wife and save those around you from embarrassment, and please, please don’t tell us you wear a tilley hat

FWIW, I walk past a bunch of homeless/street beggars each day on my way to/from work. Crocs and sweatpants are their uniform, along with unkempt hair (snigger snigger) and body odour. Therefore you 2/3rrds of your way to street-bum sheik

fashion? what's that? only comment is that crocs suck! once the soles are worn, they have no grip and are slicker than oil. mine tried to kill me a couple of times, so I binned them. now its sea boots if cold, sneakers, or bare feet!

At last - some one agrees with me. What do the rest of you wear, hopefully not those obscenely expensive poncy "yachting pants".
Hey big fella don't be to concerned at what the fashionistas say because of freaky discovery just last week. According to a fashion mag being read by D1 and her cluster last week the must have gear of the coming season is pretty much what I've been wearing for decades. Less the Hero Parade like accessories and quiffy hair.

Hence if I am now on the cutting edge of fashion we can only conclude the Zombie Apocalypse is now very close at hand. Knot that I know for sure but I'm willing to take a chance that the walking dead won't be overly fussed if you are in Crocs or Prada as long as you have nice tasty brains.

Track pants with Primocon stains on them, lol

ummmm cheap boat shoes, on the tender (no slipping on the boat ramp, and don't have to worry about glass nasties), and bare feet on the boat,

I've never worn crocs so can't comment on comfort, but wearers all look like escaped mental patients. :)

I'd be happy to be sailing in places where a pair of shorts is all the sailing gear required.

I think most long distance sailors dispense with clothing when the weather suits, re crocs, my wharehouse version has tried to kill me as well, admittedly they had little tread left. My toes have a penchant for hard metal objects therefore they need some sort of protection, now if there was a simple sandle with a non marking sipe type sole I would swap my WH crocs in a flash.

I've never worn crocs so can't comment on comfort, but wearers all look like escaped mental patients. :)

I'd be happy to be sailing in places where a pair of shorts is all the sailing gear required.

Or not yet escaped mental patients!

now if there was a simple sandle with a non marking sipe type sole I would swap my WH crocs in a flash.

Couldn't quite bring myself to wear crocs!

I've got some Keen Newport sandles. Have razor grip soles and very good support. Great for those who tend to stub their toes!

A good funny thread.

A very recent study showed nearly 25% (there abouts) of people would rather be dead than be thought of as having no fashion sense. I think some of those 25% have been posting here :twisted: :lol: :lol:

You go hard Mr Ogre. You'll never be pretty nor accused of having a fashion sense so wear those Crocs loud and proud :thumbup:

(that's why I did until I chucked one at a seagull and it bounced off into the Gulf never to be seen again, bugger!!)

Archived