Sea Survival Course

Don't suppose anyone knows if there is a database of who's done it, when and all that stuff?

Like too many things these days you are required to get something no one ever wants to see or be bothered with once you've done it so it gets stuck away in some corner and forgotten about. I've done the course twice but buggered if I can remember when the last time was, I think 3 odd years ago.

Surely if it's that important someone must have a list of who, when and who's valid or knot somewhere..... wouldn't they??

Valid or not KM, I'd recommend a refresher after 3 or so years but suggest you book in with Al Gwyer at Seawise (see ad to the right). The professional Volvo guys go to him and highly recommend his course, he's an ISAF accredited and YNZ preferred trainer and tends to make you think long and hard about your particular safety systems and set up. It is extremely interesting to see the failure rates for safety equipment that you simply assume will do the intended job when required .... very sobering!

I can assure you no one will be thinking longer or harder about my systems than myself.

Sure a refresher is good and that's what I'll need to do but I don't want to waste another entire weekend doing the whole thing all over again. But it seems to be refreshed you have to be current hence the is there a database question.

Just out of interest, has anyone every been asked for one of these Certs?

There is a refresher course coming up on the 3rd November, cost is $180 per person. More details to come shortly. You need to hold a CURRENT VALID full cert at the start of the course to be eligible. It was organised for round North island 2 handed race competitors but there should be a few extra spots available.

PM me for more details.

RAYC is hosting the Advanced Survival At Sea Course running 28/29 September. To enroll go to; http://www.rayc.co.nz/education. This is the ISAF course. Past graduates of this course can be checked by contacting Sarah at CBES giving Name and DOB for a database search
Now that's a good answer bar what's CBES??

The last time I did it was at RAYC so Thanks Possum.

Archived