HAKA

Grayballs

100% kiwi, more so than 3/4 of the current players in ur grope ball fest.

Epoxy sessions are great. Playing with boats nothing wrong there. Even with my over use of expoxy my iq is still well higher then the average ball chaser.

Enjoy closely watching the boys with their short shorts in the bum. ... sorry scrum

Ach, push my Victor Meldrew button why don't you :mrgreen:

God help us. How many thousand years for Western civilisation to evolve to where it is, and the best representation NZ can come up with for itself is a stone-age threat-display involving posturing and grunting. Sounds a lot like the noises infants make before they've learnt to vocalise properly.

...the best representation NZ can come up with for itself is a stone-age threat-display involving posturing and grunting...

I'd say a certain 72 foot foiling carbon catarmaran is a bit better.

I'd say a certain 72 foot foiling carbon catarmaran is a bit better.

NOW you're talking :)

And if they win (but not before) then some kind of posturing threat display, preferably right in the face of Lazza E. and friends WOULD be entirely appropriate...

God help us. How many thousand years for Western civilisation to evolve to where it is, and the best representation NZ can come up with for itself is a stone-age threat-display involving posturing and grunting. Sounds a lot like the noises infants make before they've learnt to vocalise properly.
Glad you don't work for Tourism NZ as you're well out of touch with reality.

So what would you use instead and you kan't use foiling cats, they are now common as muck and 99% + of the worlds population wouldn't have the faintest idea nor care in the slightest what one was.

Ach, push my Victor Meldrew button why don't you :mrgreen:

+1

I'm a real kiwi and I never got the hype behind the huka. Mind u I'm not much of a rugby fan bunch of guys in short shorts tight tops running around after a ball then hugging groping each other when they do get the ball. ..and just incase u missed it u get to see it on the news read it in the paper and hear about it on the radio for the next week. ....yawn! ! I'd rather watch epoxy cure

Yeah, why do we devote a full 25% of the news to the inarticulate, low-IQ'd grunting that passes for an "interview" with these creatures?

best you leave our fair shores mate.... your not one of us :lol:

I reckon Bushman needs to spend less time in the Bush and get up to speed with his dated sense of ideology .

I'm definitely "one of us" a real kiwi in full support of team nz and anything yachting and new Zealand. I've represented nz and won in yachting, I've coached Lil ones in yachting.

I just think that the haka is embarrassing, cringe worthy, outdated, utterly pointless and has no place in yachting that definitely doesn't make me any less of a kiwi!

Hmmmm, seems to be all about the testosterone - which my wife claims is the most dangerous chemical on the planet.

Do women do it ?

Actually, personally I like it - it's just so over the top funny.

But I'm just a gringo, so what do I know?

Wiki-haka . . .

Jefferson High School, Portland, Oregon

Jefferson High School (Portland, Oregon) has performed the "Ka Mate" haka beginning in the 2007 season. As with some other schools, the haka was introduced by Tongan students, of which there are fewer than 20 at Jefferson.[9] The school is predominantly African-American. "We are defending our land," said Tongan player Leni Feaomoeata, 15. "Jefferson has the reputation for losing, being dismissed. We wanted to defend our school, to show we have heart."

The team and school have embraced the haka despite opposition from other Oregon schools and sports administrators, who consider the haka intimidating [10]. This has led to an ongoing controversy, and has resulted in imposed penalties on the school's team. Other coaches complained to Jefferson's athletic director, labelling the haka "scary" and the moves "gang signs..[the opposition]... left the team's staff exasperated and disappointed...The Oregon School Activities Association ultimately decided the ritual amounted to taunting and said the players must do the dance with their backs to the opposing team or face a 15-yard penalty at the start of each game." [11]. Opposition has not deterred the team, despite the penalties, and Jefferson has persevered with their new tradition. News of the controversy has spread even to New Zealand. [12]

So to all of you that don't like the haka ........ this is your right :crazy: ( apparently soul less humbugs have rights as i have been told )........ i would say that if you lived in Tonga you would want the drums banned , if you lived in the other pacific islands you would want the dancing banned ... you would hate the ice in Iceland, the sand in the Great deserts , the forest in the Congo, and you would want all the wild animals shot in the plains of Africa , and the Himalayas was just a bunch of Rocks stacked to high and should be bulldozed for a block of shops and housing . I truly respect that you can have such a wrong opinion , this is one of our rights ..... just one question to the society of humbugs and kill joys :D at your monthly meetings do you really pull the wings off flies and have running races with them :wave:

Dude you need to put the bong down or whatever else your on, thats a pretty intense over-reaction just because someone doesn't like something you obviously do. What are you going to do next?

Maybe give holding your breath a go and see how that works out for you.

Dude you need to put the bong down or whatever else your on, thats a pretty intense over-reaction just because someone doesn't like something you obviously do. What are you going to do next?

Maybe give holding your breath a go and see how that works out for you.

He's on two pot...

He's probably just grumpy cause he hasn't finished his boat yet and everybody else is out sailing.

But you are right Willow.

One day I might log on here and find an intelligent conversation :lol:

Concur! !

There's more to New Zealand's identity than just the singular haka. Where not hating our country at all quite the opposite. You've missed our point completely. ...

I think he's spent too long running around in the Bush poking his tounge out or maybe he's just thick. ... either way I'm sure there's a spot chasing a ball somewhere...

Best of luck tomorrow Team NZ!!!!

Archived