America's Cup - Race 5 & 6

One of the ladies here just likened this AC to premature ejaculation. You just get all wound up and excited ready to........Opps, was that it, all over already, WTF???

She's now gone looking for fresh batteries to do the job properly :lol: :lol:

Couldn't ya just watch O squirming like that all day.

The official story

Challenger Emirates Team New Zealand leads Defender ORACLE TEAM USA 4-0 after a 1:05 victory in Race 5. ORACLE TEAM USA led at the first two mark roundings, but the Kiwis sailed past the defender after two tacks on the upwind leg. From there Emirates Team New Zealand had much better speed and opened a lead it would not relinquish.

34th America’s Cup Standings (first to 9 points wins)

• Emirates Team New Zealand – 4

• ORACLE TEAM USA – 0

Race 5 Performance Data

• Course: 5 Legs/10.27 nautical miles

• Elapsed Time: ETNZ – 22:45, OTUSA – 23:50

• Delta: ETNZ +1:05

• Total distance sailed: ETNZ – 11.4 NM, OTUSA – 11.5 NM

• Average Speed: ETNZ – 30.21 knots (35 mph), OTUSA – 29.17 knots (33 mph)

• Top Speed: ETNZ – 46.94 knots (54 mph), OTUSA – 44.93 knots (52 mph)

• Windspeed: Average – 20 knots, Peak – 24.1 knots

Bit of a call for O to stop for the day. Know sometimes you just need to stop and regroup but I'm not sure I'd be so confident of boat reliability that I'd risk my out of jail card yet. That could really come back and hurt.

Intrigued with the SA comments from O supporters, man that lot don't half believing in eating their young.

Looks good, what still scares me is that these boats are only ever 1 small mistake away from total destruction. Whoracle could probably take that & keep going, I don't think we can.

It's still a coin toss till the last point of 9 is in the bag.

Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Looks good, what still scares me is that these boats are only ever 1 small mistake away from total destruction. Whoracle could probably take that & keep going, I don't think we can.

It's still a coin toss till the last point of 9 is in the bag.

Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

fully agree... and will Spithill go into Kamikaze mode to take us out.... we only have the one boat...

Archived