OR want to change the rules yet again

Really must be kicking themselves about what they didn't know/couldn't do with their boat until this stage of the series. If they had started with the package we saw yesterday, they would have been extremely hard to hold out.

Bigger foils more drag slower in the light. I think our Foils are optimized for all round. I think Oracle have traded off a bit of downwind and lighter air pace. Forecast for tomorrow is breezy that said We where faster downwind race 10.

Id be pissed off if they do raise it esp after we where leading when they called it off due to wind limit.

I think Oracle are looking better in the windy stuff cause they're managing to dial up enough power through and out of the tacks without the need for an ETNZ style twisty wing. Drop the wind speed a little and ETNZ will out tack them again.

it would be stupid for ETNZ to allow that, so they won't. They are lots of things, but certainly not stupid! ETNZ have spent the last few months optimizing their boat for conditions under 22 knots. Previously I don't believe that any of the other teams could have touched ETNZ in over 20Knots, and they ( the other teams) all said it was too dangerous to race in more than 23, and some crap about the coastguard not allowing it anyway . Now it seems that Oracle have their best shot if it is approaching (or over??) the current wind limits, so they want to change? What a croc....if there is any substance to it...

Archived