Best AC Finals Ever?

12 races so far and no complete walkover with Oracle improving all the time.

It'd be nice for Oracle to win race 1 tomorrow and we close it out in the second for a 9-5 (-2) result over 14 races.

:thumbup:

I dont think that they are the best finals ever as there have been closer score lines with exciting action also but the whole crossing infront of a boat by one boat length at 40 kts is very impressive. I just hope that ETNZ win one race tomorrow so everyone can party :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: and have Sunday to recover.

You're trying to compare this AC with previous ones? You may as well compare the 24hr race on Lake Pukuke to the Vendee Globe.

9-6 would be ideal. No more than 6 or they can play the penalty card and we don't want that.

Exciting yes, no doubt....adrelelan rush yep....

Best ever ? No way..

The Ozzie win, knocking them off for the first time, and coming from as far behind as is possible is and probaly will always be the best ever.

Dont get me wrong, NZ MUST WIN :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I hope that the next AC with NZ rules will be even more exciting, with close racing, more teams, and of course another win from downunder.......

(not that I am bias or anything..........)

What a cock sucker JS is bullshitting about the wind speed limits.

On IM/USCG recondments the wind limits where the average of what OR wanted 20kns & 25 knt ETNZ.

OR must be paying volumes for PR spin. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Just nail it tomorrow ETNZ and put the cheating buggers to bed.

Ever thought that they know that they are stuffed ?

...and would rather slink off quietly to dingy racing, but the money that is....is desperate to keep the telly footage going for as long as possible...

In fact will do anything just to hold off on that last, and inevidable smash fest, counting their airtime in serious dollars .

With the vague hope that something nasty happens to the NZ boat.

If you see a spectator boat burst onto the course.........(yeah I know just another conspiracy theory :D )

Gotta say all power to the Oracle lads for their fightback despite giving us all the sh%ts. If we can't close this out and they do take it they deserve to win and we don't. Plenty to go yet though!

you would think the pressure would all be on Oracle, after all they only need to make one mistake and they lose the cup.

But somehow, it seems that OUR guys are feeling the pressure! What the heck, they close the gap up and then gybe off and give it all away again, 2 races in a row. Why not keep it close, keep applying the pressure and wait for them to make a mistake???

Easy to be an armchair expert..... but still.... our team seems rattled.

2 Port Entries tomorrow..... let's hope we can nail one race and bring it home!

Archived