Its just a boat race

Romany

While disappointed - this is all it is.

Unsurprisingly ETNZ are taking this hard - especially Dean Barker. If I could reach over the waves I'd shake his hand and say ETNZ made me proud to be a Kiwi because of the way they conducted themselves.

No sh*t slinging, no flinching, no self deception. They kept it on the water which is where a boat race belongs, and I don't think Oracle can claim that. The delay 'card' - while within the rules, is bullshit.

I'm more gutted this weather means the Oats won't make it back into the water tomorrow. We have the last rum race tomorrow where we are handily placed and cat3 inspection booked for Saturday . f*ck it. :-(

It's not just a boat race, it's also the loss of a half billion dollars to the local economy.

agree, and this is why the CEO at Core Boat Builders is trying to downplay the involvement of their staff in helping Oracle keep the cup in the US. He obviously realises it will be bad for business if the company is seen has having helped Oracle defeat the New Zealand team. If he was proud of their involvement he would be out crowing about it. I know, Core have helped NZ's marine industry, they have a right to do business and make money and so do their employees..yeah right.

It's not just a boat race, it's also the loss of a half billion dollars to the local economy.

I dont think you can look at it like that. We challenged for the cup and didnt defeat the cup holders. We didnt lose half a billion dollars, we just didnt gain half a billion dollars......

Life goes on as allways.

I dont think you can look at it like that. We challenged for the cup and didnt defeat the cup holders. We didnt lose half a billion dollars, we just didnt gain half a billion dollars......

Life goes on as allways.

I think it is still VERY good for the NZ marine industry that OR won the cup. Everyone knows kiwis are the best sailors, boat builders and CEOs when it comes to sailing.

There will be more campaigns next round and you can bet 1/2 a billion $$$ that NZ will be a huge part of it.

You are not going to win the Americas cup unless you have kiwis in your team.

I can't wait for the next round. What an epic battle.

Archived