Time to add some women?

I was pondering all this yesterday and I wont repeat what BB has said because she has said it well. I was driving behiund a van that does workplace drugs testing and I got to wondering about the issue of proffessional sports and drugs. Was there any form of drugs testing of sailors in the AC? Is it a requirement to be drug free? Or could the teams in theory have a core crew of drug boosted muscle men who can power the boat?

I'm not suggesting this is a good idea, just a theoretical conversation.

....and Maori, goddammit we need more Maori. They invented multis for god's sake.. we'd be a shoe in.

Also we need more little skinny old grey haired men. They're definately under represented. What sort of a half arsed mob doesn't have them? They know EVERYTHING. Just ask them

yeah plus 1000 for the grey hairs, also a no argument not to be trifled with strategist and PR person...........

post-1362-14188722918_thumb.jpg

Now seriously I think woman should be there

Haven't we got heaps of Chinese here now, cheap and a few energy drinks we've saved on weight and wages.

Chuck in some pills and we're all go.

After all that's what its all about supporting our free trade agreements.

....and I find it interesting how every third post has to preface their comments by..."but seriously"...

That shows just what the problem is for starters....and thats from the people who are advicating !!

There is a small amount of situations where there may be a physical advantage of blokes in offshore racing. That should be respected. Racing is all about winning.

Mixed crews has problems (at the moment, but shouldnt) so selection is all about winning.

Offshore racing (AC) is still percived like rugby or AFL...the public backed up by the media and underarm deoderant commercials of buffed guys. Sponsorship needs type casting for succsessful media advantage.

All the above is just a fact.

Could a crew with 50/50 male and female win any offshore race on the planet...Yes..beyond a doubt.

I dont teach racing, but I have found that what I do is...

I talk...now you do....

It is interesting to see what happens next !

Woman get it far quicker, with far more resposibility than blokes. Blokes are still steering cars and over powering the boat while woman are looking at the sail shape.....

ok so this is newbie stuff.....but

I have no doubt that woman wil prove themselves to be equal in this world in the not to distant future . Have they been given the chance up till now ? dont make me laugh!!

How many woman have got a gig on the big time regardless of what they have done (won) previously.

The AC is , and probably will be for a while a braun after shave, expensive watch, fast car,...exersise...for a little while longer...............

Rember, it will only take one bright spark to realise that disposable income is dictated by woman and...........well blokes..we might have to up the anti !

Archived