2013 PIC INSURANCE BROKERS COASTAL CLASSIC Multi Handicaps

ScottiE

So Dragon is 20 percent slower than Charleston? Wow

And This Way Up and Exodus are slower than mid fleet 8.5's?

Is this based on anything or did someone just pull numbers out of a hat?

Samin

Yes

You could be right, even Superbird's handicap is higher than Pulse , Fruition and Impressa is just marginally higher.

We have had some good tusells to Cape Brett but have never beaten them across the line, so can't figure how the handicapper

has formulated these handicaps.

Please review in fairness to the competitors.

Cheers Graeme

how about whio (1.005) vs Hooters (0.975) vs freedom (0.961) - poor whio!

And just as a question - how was the handicap of TA determined compared to TVS?

lighter weight?

Pulse does seem to have a low handicap..

Tigre has beaten This Way Up 5 times in 30 races yet they have a higher handicap? Im sure an explanation will be provided shortly. Thanks

Ah so that was their game ... play the H/C until the Coastal! :lol:

These guys were sailing multi's in the womb, must be the initial computer generated handicaps.

Wild, speculative assumption there!

I heard that the handicapper was on the Oracle AC team and that a lot of ETNZ are racing on the 8.5's. Coincidence?!

:lol:

:lol:

I am happy.

how about whio (1.005) vs Hooters (0.975) vs freedom (0.961) - poor whio!

And just as a question - how was the handicap of TA determined compared to TVS?

lighter weight?

Pulse does seem to have a low handicap..

I'm not one to bitch about handicaps and as I am not entered this year I have no real aganda. But I think someone is clearly taking the piss. Charleston giving the Drift 52 pips, that is something like 2:30 an hour the tri is 1.5m longer. The list may need a little tweaking.

Yes

You could be right, even Superbird's handicap is higher than Pulse , Fruition and Impressa is just marginally higher.

We have had some good tusells to Cape Brett but have never beaten them across the line, so can't figure how the handicapper

has formulated these handicaps.

Please review in fairness to the competitors.

Sorry just repeating my last post. :problem:

Cheers Graeme

It won't matter how many times you put that post up Graeme ,it'll only fall on deaf ears and it doesn't matter that Superbird has never beaten Pulse and Fruition but has a higher handicap I think you need to be in the 'inner cicle' and know the secret handshake. :cry: Also i don't think they liked it when you won it in 2009 and are making damn sure it wont happen again.

Who's on the race committee. Time for some phone calls. John Vincent used to do them. Is this not the case? Its a pretty bad look for the club having the Commodore's handicap way lower than it should be. It needs to be sorted.

Who's on the race committee. Time for some phone calls. John Vincent used to do them. Is this not the case? Its a pretty bad look for the club having the Commodore's handicap way lower than it should be. It needs to be sorted.

Greg is doing the handicaps, when I spoke to him he agreed that there was a mistake. That was a week ago though, probably waiting for all entries to come in.

Archived