Y Pier.

Well I'v just opened a multi page letter with Westhaven/Water Front Auckland we can basically agree to the structure they propose and get a $300 discount if we were a 12m berth (not one berth on x is a 12m) or they will go ahead anyway and we will have no benefits.

Did I mention earlier what a bunch of wankers Auckland City Council/Waterfront Auckland and westhaven were?

So were basically being told to agree with what they want - or their doing it anyway.

Thanks for the consultation.

No sign of any dinghy racks or dock for temp tie ups in the new proposal

Wankers.

Anyone else concerned?

Anyone else concerned?

:( I am sorry to say Toles but you have discovered the facts rather later than most of us, this was all a done deal since the beginning of the year. There is no need for dinghy racks or a landing Pier when you have no swing moorings or piles. The net change from January this year (when we had swing moorings still) and the completion of the current scheme is 32 less berths in Westhaven, so it is not increasing the size of the facility rather the opposite. However those still in there will be paying hard, look out if you have an 88 on J For when your berths are extended you will be paying the new long rate! The fact that some of our fathers paid 100% up front for their berths when Westhaven was conceived has long been forgotten. As Bastion point we keep paying again and again for it. Maybe I need a Friday rum.... And at least liveaboards will be welcome back there when the new facility is complete. The best passive security that you can have.

Archived