COASTAL CLASSIC 2013 RACE UPDATES

From Ash on Strider: 2nd reef going in main at the moment. Had some issues shortly after start with rope caught in Murray winches meaning they lost lot of ground in the tacks. Doing fine. Good crew. :)

Stephen here taking over with the race updates. have I missed much in the last 1.5 horus that its taken me to upload the photos? the last of my beer didnt make it into the fridge in time so its still warm :( guess ill have to move onto the Ardbeg 10 and have a lovly little dram of this award winning whiskey,

right. less drinking and more race updates..... time for me to get to work and look at the trackers and report ins.

Both the orma 60s have had trouble in this race. TVS had trouble with their primary starboard winch and TA had trouble with their solent strop. looks like a great battle between the two boats as they tack up the coast. Am I correct in thinking that the TVS boys have the lead on this one? their trackers are updating at different times.

According to the tracker, Whio is heading south. Problem?

definitely will be a problem. The 8.5 multis allways suffer damage in this race and if they have pulled out that would make 2/7 that wont be finishing so far.

From Giacomo the volvo 70 (over a hour ago).

All is well on board Giacomo, we got some squiggle cookies onboard and some lolies so the crew is happy! the wind is straight on the head so lots of tacks! We will have a video up for you hopefully tommorow but probably sunday!!

For those that dont know much about this boat it was Groupama 4 the winning boat in the last edition of the volvo around the world yacht race and will be flying the kiwi flag in this years Sydney to Hobart.

another oh bugger

The brothers are withdrawn line around prop

Taeping after a stunning start are aproaching whanagrei heads even with giacomo. Charleston got around them but they are now past. they had a good wnw breeze across bream bay and can see the incoming front approaching and are expecting some big breeze. Awesome weatehr so far and are enjoying the ride.

Absoult leisure re comming up to kawau with one reef in and the no 2 jib up. plenty of breeze.

And here predict wind said there would be nothing over 20.....mabey the met service was right?

The squid reports that he is seeing gust sof up to 30 knots being anchored at arkles.

the fastest mono in this race has just got to sail rock. Go GIACOMO.

With some of the trackers not working properly I can not wait for the updates at sail rock especially with the racing 50 footers. V5, Georgia, Kia Kaha and Wired race all the big races together and have great battles amongst themselves. The last two years the canters have won but with this year being on the wind and reaching do Kia Kaha and Georgia stand a chance of getting past the canters?

Archived