First Time possible buyer

Zambezi

Yup insurance survey is something different and I will cross that bridge if/when I get to it.

My surveyor made the very kind (and smart) offer to provide me with a separate "survey and valuation for insurance purposes", in which he included most of the same info from the survey, but also talked about all the issues I'd put right since the original survey and gave a valuation for the insurers. He didn't have to see the boat again - I just told him what work I'd done, and he didn't charge me any extra for the report.

Muritai was a well built and raced boat in the early 70s out of Tauranga. Hal was heavily influenced by the Cav 32 but also wanted this design to rate 1/2 ton. The Cav 32s struggled in the light. The son of its original owner is heavily involved with ETNZ. This boat will be light years quicker than a Raven or H28. In the soft sea breeze it will ghost along well. Don't expect to see over 6kn too often, and motoring speed will be a steady 5.5kn no matter what the revs.

The two big things pre purchase will be motor, and rot. Next things will be the type of folding prop (if you buy it with a fixed budget on a change) and condition, and last time the rig was upgraded. Sails will be cheap. Electrics can be timetabled.

Archived