What is it with Jet Skiers

Battleship

The Jetski motor would need to have a computer. I maybe wrong, but I don't think they are quite that sophisticated are they??

the old noisey ones wouldn't be affected at all, a lot of the news ones are quire flash, pretty sure there would be enough electronics to get upset.

From the article, "The firm added that it did not believe the RF Safe-Stop posed any risk to people using a pacemaker"

I'm picking the firm are wrong on this one, and that the product, unfortunately or not, won't ever see market. Anything emitting a radio signal strong enough to cause generalised confusion of electronics such as a timed pulse circuit as you have in, oh I don't know, engine ignitions or pacemaker circuits... will be unlikely to pass any regulatory authority.

Wow I can't believe people actually agreed to get blasted with that much RF! They were probably told it was safe. No fn way. Nothing safe at all about that. Hope they got paid lots.

A great idea, but I really can not see how it would work seeing as the Car is basically a Faraday shield, and the electronics are designed to take RF noise and sink that to ground. Plus considering the distance it is supposed to be able to work at. The RF would have to be of such a high amount of focused energy, it would be scary. Plus what about other vehicles in the ruff path of the RF. It isn't going to be focused like a laser beam.

Archived