Auckland Marina Berth

Onco Fonco

Wedgetail needs to rent a 14m berth in an 'approved' central Auckland marina from the 25th Jan until the 8th Feb.

Initial enquiries with the obvious places have been discouraging.

We would also need something for when we get back from the RNI for maybe a couple of weeks, hopefully from around the 23rd Feb.

Anyone got any ideas?

cheers

when u say discouraging, do you mean too expensive or no berths available?

I hope to be coming up from Nelson for the RNI (if I have a rig by then) so will also be looking for a berth.

Are SSANZ not going to arrange some berthing for start/finish for out of town boats?

Stu

Stu Great to hear you are planning on doing the RNI! Will be good to have another similar boat to race against.

The berthage problem in Auckland is more in the 12m+ sizes. There is usually heaps of availability for 10m

Berthage before and after the race is your responsibility.

Try Viaduct Holdings they used to have visitor berths for out of town boats.

There is mostly always berths available at short notice but they will tell you there is nothing now, as they don't know what is going to be vacant often until the last minute

I know that this doesn't help now though.

Likewise depending on depth if you get stuck let me know and i will see what we can rustle up in Halfmoon Bay or BBYC Marina. Just need to pick the right tide to get the boat out the river. But an hour either side of low works...

Top n tail with a R40 maybe ?

I hears it's cuddly.......... errrr.. maybe that was it's owner................ Na seen the owner so it can only be the boat ;)

Top n tail with a R40 maybe ?

I hears it's cuddly.......... errrr.. maybe that was it's owner................ Na seen the owner so it can only be the boat ;)

Could fit a few Ross 40s in Tom's Berth... Who you calling cuddly?? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Like Otto says, Bayswater. Ed will always cut a deal, and there is a big space where TOM was!

Smithy - there is a another boat there now - someone has taken on quite a project !

Hi Meric and others

Firstly Ed no longer at Bayswater.

We used Bayswater last time for Nonstop. We just motored over to Westhaven for the bum clean and safety checks.

All very handy.

Time before we were at Pier 21 -Now that was brilliant!

Good luck with your preps.

Meric can you give us a call at home one night?

Cheers

Problem solved - as a result of this thread, Kevin Lidgard at Westhaven Marina is working with SSANZ to make space available. We've been in touch with Meric and we will let you know details when the plans are final.

Zoe

Westhaven Marina

Hey Smithy, how many RNI boats do you know will be based at Bayswater.

Mr SSANZ doesn't regard Bayswater as a 'Central Auckland Marina' unless there are several boats there to inspect.

cheers

Meric

Hi Meric. Not sure, Not many I think, but it's a 10 min motor over to Westhaven for inspection and there are regular ferries going into town as well. It looks like you may have a solution though, so all good! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Like Otto says, Bayswater. Ed will always cut a deal, and there is a big space where TOM was!

Smithy - there is a another boat there now - someone has taken on quite a project !

Oh well. At least we have another breakwater!!

Archived