Laser Master Worlds 2013

Richard2249

I've been following some fellow competitors (including my old man) at the Laser Masters Worlds that are underway in Oman at the moment. After the first three days of racing we have two Kiwi's leading their respective divisions - Scott Leith is leading the Apprentice (full rig), while Alastair Tate has moved up to third despite a 'UFD' in race 6 and Kris Decke is close behind in fifth. Edmund Tam is leading the Radial Apprentices, but under pressure from Jon Emmett (GBR) (who is the coach to Olympic Chinese Laser Radial sailor Xu Lijia). In the Great Grand Masters full rig division Bob Blakey is lying second to Mark Bethwaite (AUS), with Sandy Grigg in third.

The event website for results etc here http://omanlaserworlds2013.com/eng/cham ... .php?id=24

Laser Masters Oman 2013.jpg

great to see Scott Leith still on the pace at the worlds level and winning his division by a good margin.

Edmund Tam nearly got there but ran a close third in his div. Andrew Dellabarca had some good results to.

Robert Blakey was on the pace too but it is hard to beat 8 bullets by Mark Bethwaite.

Crikey I hope I am still racing dinghies at 68! Hope your Dad enjoyed it, it must be quite a regatta to take part in.

hey,

a while ago i posted my video of me sailing in my laser. Now that im back from vacation, i would like to show my new video of me and my brother in our laser 2:

we didn't use the spinacker,yet as the jib and trapeze were enough work to controll in this kind of wheather.

being the worls capital of sailing please tell me what you think of my first try in this new boat.

ps. from 2:56 you can see 4 small plnes, these were actually 4 airtankers(Canadair CL-415) that passed us on both sides within 100m

Archived