Noelex 22 "Satisfaction"

Murch

Greetings all....

Ive just purchased the above Noelex named Satisfaction, which came down from the Norf Island & just wondering if anyone would know anything about it? I have purchased it here in Nelson & the fella I brought if off cant remember who it was he got it from, & year of construction....

Seems like a nicely set up boat in pretty good nick. Now all I have to do is learn how to sail.....

Well I did find out a tad more info about the boat.....checking through the outboard manual I came across the name & address of the previous owner before the bloke I got it from so gave him a bell....he's from Wanganui. Heck of a pleasant fella by the name of Kerry who'd raced it at the Nationals.

He had got it from Tauranga in pretty poor shape & found out the hard way the first time out in it that the keel was jammed in the case & it cost him a fair bit to get it out only to find out it was stuffed & so had to get a new one made....I think that the entire casing has been replaced as well in the process as it tends to pump & flex while sailing. Should it?

But he couldn't tell me its age though he said that there was a Noelex plaque on it ....which I cant find anywhere . He did think though that it was one of the last ones' made. Made in Auckland.

Sail number is 616.

Took it to Waitapu in Golden Bay for the weekend & got a bit of sailing in with a bit of help from my mate there....

Im confident & competent enough now to get her rigged, launched & retrieved at least & now I just need to get out & get more experience.

Stoked with the boat ! Tows nicely, though I was a tad nervous on the Takaka hill!!

Archived