How widespread is Sexism in Sailing?

Well BB I agree with the last paragraph in your 3rd to last post. (had to change it as you posted again while I was typing) In principle - but the reality is not gonna be so rosy I'm afraid. HOWEVER! I might be wrong but what I see coming through from you quite strongly is an opinion that no matter what a woman does it's the man's fault. If a woman "throws herself" at a man why should he refuse. One on hand you write about equal rights for women, which by the way includes them having the right to get drunk and have a shag they regret the next day, but men are still supposed to protect those same women from themselves? Have I misunderstood the content of your post? It reads like that you see.

If she throws herself that's one thing.

A> If she regrets it the next day tough s&*t for her.

B> But if during the night, she has to do something she didn't agree to or if during the night she changes her mind prior the the dirty deeds (I remember one legal case a friend of mine prosecuted, she agreed to sex, guy ended up then later forcing her to take it up a different hole to what she had agreed) then the guy has stepped over the limit and rugby hero or not, can face the music.

Some blokes would like to believe it's mostly scenario A. But my guess is given the average low IQ and morales of athletes especially ones full of booze, mostly its more like B; same as most date rapes.

To bring it back on subject, It's like a woman trying to make a port tack start on the fleet. If she can squeeze past all the starboard tackers, then she's fine. But if just one of them is forced to duck or tack, then she's subject to some action.

It's exactly like that. Except different.

Cheers BB I think most of us are on the same tack - as it were. But Kip nobody here said it's ok to treat women badly! What are you ranting about? Again - responsibility is up to ALL individuals.

Can you be responsible now and stop telling us how gorgeous you are? I believe you, really I do...

Oi!

no!

At no point should a rant be interrupted to point out that no one has actually said the thing that the rant is arguing against.

That's the whole point of a tangential rant - to talk utter bollix for no obvious reason except to have a go at Andy Haden.

Anyhow, there is some 'it takes two to sail a SIMRAD' element underlying some responses.

if the woman is in a rugby player's room at 2am then apparently there is some share of blame. In fact, it seems that rape is partly the woman's fault; in future the law should be applied that for each inch above the knee, the woman is 1% responsible, and for each Bicardi breezer she drank she is 2% responsible, as after all a man especially a rugby player cannot control his urges once she is in his lair, or as we call it in the rugby game, his house of pain. If she goes to his house, that's like an extra 10% responsible, and each hour after midnight is an extra 5%.

Anyhow, anyone that found the darkie comment from Haden the mark of a doufas, is now over the moon with his latest claim:

'He said: "I think if the cheque bounces sometimes, they only realise they've been raped, you know."

The former All Black said, "These girls are targeting rugby players and targeting sportsmen and they do so at their peril today."' NZ herald.

nice evidence to back that load of s&*t up by the way. Ah well, I guess as a former all black he's just telling it how it is, and thank god we aren't PC about all this :-()

Too bad it is, indeed, a total load of crap. Anyhow, he was a cheat when he played,

There's not like hundreds of cases out there that we know of; there's one and it is Robin Brooke alledged to have raped a comatose teenage friend; apparently $1500 was paid which in itself should be probably illegal. This is what sparked the comment.

Robin is innocent until charged by a court of his peers.

That people should be paid off to not cry rape.

My opinion in these statements aren't saying how it is, it's making up a load of rubbish to get his mate the popular vote, said by someone with an IQ similar to the legnth of the new Amcup boats. (sailing reference).

Bring back Buck. Andy's a monster.

And bring on the Frampton Comes Alive! Album. Seriously, that thing was a monster.

Oh KM, how wise and omniscient you are. Us mere mortals can merely bow down to your great all-knowingness! :wink:

Is that a pick up line? If so it's knot to shabby......... he's says after having to consult a dictonary :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough, both actions seem indicative of a severe self-esteem deficit.
Agree and I'll add often there is an element of greed. Why get a job when you can hook a wealthy sport star or similar. Trophy Bride does appear to be the career choice of a few.

My problem with Haden's comment is that it seemed to suggest an attitude that puts the blame for the outcome squarely at the female's feet. He should have just kept his big fat under-educated gob shut and let the whole ugly mess blow over on its own.

I think he said it more in a 'if' and a 'it is known to happen on occasions' manner than a full on all females are just a hole looking to be filled manner. It was a very general comment rather than one aimed at the recent Brooke/totalled teenager story that's in the news, even if that's what sparked the whole debate.

But thinking back, if Andy had said that same comment 10 years ago it wouldn't have made the news. What he said is said daily in NZ or at least the same sentiment is echoed a lot. Why this particular one was picked up on and then reported on so very poorly, I don't know.

I was listening to the radio yesterday and a lady rang up and said for years her and her hubby had managed Hotels, some being big. She said it was a constant battle to get the groupies away from teams staying at the hotels. The groupies would do the most amazing stuff to try and get to the players/stars. She 100% totally agreed with every word Andy spoke during that show especially the part where some, note the 'some', ladies were/are their own worst enemy. It was a very interesting call.

I've not heard the Frampton Live album. Impressive hair though.

I like the Tom Petty live double album. Not played it for a while though.

The club and representative administrators have much to answer for with the behavior of players. There is a long history of promoting a heavy drinking culture in the age grade teams to keep players interested in playing for their club.

The breweries provide the ammunition.

I grew up in a small town where a big part of the weekend entertainment revolved around the rugby club.

The guys then get selected for rep/S14 teams, get "famous" with no assistance to handle the attention and a burgeoning drink problem.

A big chunk of them still have the mental age of 12 year olds. They are basically a bomb ready to go off.

Then throw in some star struck teens with their own drinking problems and a short skirt.

Why anyone is even surprised when it all goes bad is the only thing that amazes me.

Guest Dry Reach
Oh KM, how wise and omniscient you are. Us mere mortals can merely bow down to your great all-knowingness! :wink:

Is that a pick up line? If so it's knot to shabby......... he's says after having to consult a dictonary :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough, both actions seem indicative of a severe self-esteem deficit.
Agree and I'll add often there is an element of greed. Why get a job when you can hook a wealthy sport star or similar. Trophy Bride does appear to be the career choice of a few.

My problem with Haden's comment is that it seemed to suggest an attitude that puts the blame for the outcome squarely at the female's feet. He should have just kept his big fat under-educated gob shut and let the whole ugly mess blow over on its own.

I think he said it more in a 'if' and a 'it is known to happen on occasions' manner than a full on all females are just a hole looking to be filled manner. It was a very general comment rather than one aimed at the recent Brooke/totalled teenager story that's in the news, even if that's what sparked the whole debate.

But thinking back, if Andy had said that same comment 10 years ago it wouldn't have made the news. What he said is said daily in NZ or at least the same sentiment is echoed a lot. Why this particular one was picked up on and then reported on so very poorly, I don't know.

I was listening to the radio yesterday and a lady rang up and said for years her and her hubby had managed Hotels, some being big. She said it was a constant battle to get the groupies away from teams staying at the hotels. The groupies would do the most amazing stuff to try and get to the players/stars. She 100% totally agreed with every word Andy spoke during that show especially the part where some, note the 'some', ladies were/are their own worst enemy. It was a very interesting call.

Is'nt it interesting that the refined and sensible "male" half of the human race don't "Gag" after woman and get into yelling and screaming groups and make themselves look silly!

WHen have you ever seen a group of men yelling and screaming after a woman! like that lot of bimbo's that chased after that Bieber twat the other day!

Do a whole bumch of men turn up when the Womans swedish Ice Hockey team comes to town?

we are so refined compared to woman! :thumbup:

except for a few indivduals like Robin Brooke and anybody who play's Rugby league for the Bull dogs :crazy:

Guest Dry Reach
AA I am not suggesting for one minute that everything is the man's fault. I'm simply offering a counter point of view to Andy Haden's, which seemed to be that if a woman throws herself at a rugby player and then wakes up with a no memory, a hangover and an STI, it's clearly all her fault.

STI? :lol: is'nt that a subaru? or soo bar roo.

You mean STD i fink.

Is an STI worse than an STD?

A bit of cream or some antibiotics should get rid of an STD apparently?

You are going to have to deal with some tire kicking 20 year old spotty bogans to get rid of the STI. :D

Guest Dry Reach
Is an STI worse than an STD?

A bit of cream or some antibiotics should get rid of an STD apparently?

You are going to have to deal with some tire kicking 20 year old spotty bogans to get rid of the STI. :D

STI is far worse with those noisey BOXher motor's!

ACtuall talking of cars. who are the idiots that name them?

eg - Bongo? what the L is a Bongo?

and is'nt Pajero mexican for w^&#$@r?

Guest Dry Reach
Not Mexico, but in Argentina Pajero would be someone who pleasures themself manually.

Is that 4 on the floor or 3 on the tree? :D

AA I am not suggesting for one minute that everything is the man's fault. I'm simply offering a counter point of view to Andy Haden's, which seemed to be that if a woman throws herself at a rugby player and then wakes up with a no memory, a hangover and an STI, it's clearly all her fault.

You mean STD i fink.

Get with the program old man! STI = Sexually Transmitted Infection. The preferred term these days, rather than STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease, which sounds a bit more scary, and probably less curable, which is no doubt why they changed it.

Guest Dry Reach

You mean STD i fink.

Get with the program old man! STI = Sexually Transmitted Infection. The preferred term these days, rather than STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease, which sounds a bit more scary, and probably less curable, which is no doubt why they changed it.

Infection? fark that sounds more scarey! and not all STD's are curable thank you very much! thus it is a desease not a infection that goes away! :crazy:

no doubt the "save the gay Maori whales " group has instigated this PC rubbish.

How furken confuseing...

imagine two boy races !... one say's to the other.. yoll dog i fink you shud get a STI!...

next week he's scratching his Nads" and his mate is asking... "Dog? wheres the Sub man!" :lol: :lol:

STI = Subaru Tecnique Institute?

Wow DR, you must spend a lot of time hangin' wit' da kids, yo. You sounds just like 'em. Hell, I bet you could blend right into a boy racer rally. You don't live in Chch by any chance do you?

Guest Dry Reach
Wow DR, you must spend a lot of time hangin' wit' da kids, yo. You sounds just like 'em. Hell, I bet you could blend right into a boy racer rally. You don't live in Chch by any chance do you?

Well by youthfull looks helps alot, that and being STD free and STI rich, dog! :wink:

an no to Low Brow CHCH!

Guest Dry Reach

And they silenced our Rugby Ambassador, Andy Haden from telling the truth :crazy:

If these girls go out with a a view to "getting it on" with a rich / famous person with heeps of $$$ (with a view to haveing a kid and getting a nice payout? or just getting money and media exposure) then they sould not be defended by people who cry rape, assault... when it goes bad and these girls get what the went out to achieve!

Also the men should not be so dumb as to give thses girls a flesh injection knowing it will cost them in more than just money, relationship breakdown, their career, getting a STD (:wink: BB), losing there STI...

Getting legless to get a leg over is dumb!

How many rich men have fallen for the young goodlookin money grabber and lost millions...

John Cleese did it twice! :crazy:

Paul McCartney did it recently, despite the best of advice from friends and family and almost the whole world thinking that it wasn't going to end well for him. That cost him a fair amount of $ eh! Having seen her on Dancing on Ice, he must have thought he loved her, cos he wasn't after her for her looks alone if you know what I mean. I'll try to find an interesting statistic on how much per bonk she cost him. someone had too much time on their hands.

And bring on the Frampton Comes Alive! Album. Seriously, that thing was a monster.

Ah yes a classic! I had a dig around in my CD collection and I have it! And to think PF has almost no hair at all now!

Can't find it but the crux of the doc said that if they'd "done it" once every day for their entire relationship (probably being a bit optimistic, but you never know) then he shelled out something like 27K (USD) per bonk! He was clearly a dumb arse for not protecting his assets (I mean his financial assets DR!), but was she an entrepreneur or just a bloody gold digger?

Woop Woop - thread drift alert!!!

Archived