Small keelers on Monday

Zoe

We have 11 Reactors starting from Rakino, as well as a Reactor 25, a Beale 33, a Stewart 24, and a Farr 1020.

A good number of keelers under approx 30 foot, are starting from Mahurangi. This includes a few Tracker 77s, a Mullet boat, a Townson 32, and an H28.

I don't have all the entries to hand, so this is just a very rough indication (and there will be more boats) but it looks like a good option for a fun race home if you are heading back to the Waitemata after a weekend of cruising.

These are races for boats 'in cruising trim' and there are also starts from Kawau, and of course the Harbour Race off Princes Wharf at 10am.

The prizes are awesome - a holiday in Hawaii, a Red Paddle Co inflatable SUP, cash and more...

www.regatta.org.nz - enter online for $25

Wish I could be there!

Hi Elly, good question! I think we saw you up in Mahurangi on Saturday. How did you go yesterday?

Joyce is getting them ready. She is going to send them to me today and I will put them on the website.

From where I stood (which was on the end of Princes Wharf) it was a good regatta!

Zoe

Thanks Zoe, I think I saw you on TV last night!

Yes we were up at Scotts Landing. On Saturday morning I was snorkelling at Saddle Island. I came up from a dive and a sleek blue yacht went past very close. I recognised Chris Dickson standing on the bow, calling and pointing out rocks to Roy. They were checking out the course to see how close they could sail to the island. This was at 10am for a 1pm race.

The sail back was a long painful bash. Fairly unpleasant. We should have done what the sensible boats did, and returned on the Sunday on a northerly.

However we did have a race on our hands against Gulf Ruler. They passed us just after the Tiri Passage, but we got ahead with some good lifts off the east coast bays, and managed to hold them off till the finish.

Archived