2014 SSANZ RNI Leg 1

Cameron

Here's a new thread for Leg 1...

Use the hashtag #2014RNI and it will be picked up by the social media feed on the tracker page.

Start 1400hrs today off Devonport

Good Luck to all competitors

Truxton said they had lots of Kingi hook ups at the hen and chicks yesterday arvo - their lures were all bitten off by 9pm.......

Got a very excited call after Skins lost one, didn't want to slow down enough to pull one in on the hand line - fingers are valued too much.

Fair enough.

Go to SSANZ site and in the middle of the home page it says 'follow race here'. Click on that and it will take you to the yellowbrick tracking site. It doesn't work on my IE but does work on Google chrome.

What a great drag race and everytime you checked there were subtle changes. What a great mix and meant that I had to stay up for the finish of the first three. Wasn't really shaw of the wind strength along the way but great to see 30 ' 35' and 40' having a great old stoush go the canters with the new and old elliotts showing downwind there is little in it . Only when coming on to the wind with presumed lightening of the early morning breeze did length start to count. Great to see Thruxton giving the the Law a hard time. Every one almost having [all there fingers] a great race!!! I would imagine two tourers are now called racer /tourers, how tight at the end! NOW to replay the race and see how the smaller boats went through the evening/early morning and try to find out whether Joshs beanbag came out. Good stuff cheers to you all.

Hi

I'm filling in for Matt here.

You will notice posts discussing the withdrawal and subsequent protest by Lawless have been deleted. This is at the request of the organisers. The reason they asked was that the protest will not be heard for up to three weeks as principals and protest committee are sailing around some island, and they didn't want the discussion to escalate in the interim.

When they are back and the protest is heard we will have the result and discussion will be reopened. In the meantime please respect their request to leave the topic alone till the facts can be looked at and assessed.

Now back to my other persona.

Hi

I'm filling in for Matt here.

You will notice posts discussing the withdrawal and subsequent protest by Lawless have been deleted. This is at the request of the organisers. The reason they asked was that the protest will not be heard for up to three weeks as principals and protest committee are sailing around some island, and they didn't want the discussion to escalate in the interim.

When they are back and the protest is heard we will have the result and discussion will be reopened. In the meantime please respect their request to leave the topic alone till the facts can be looked at and assessed.

Now back to my other persona.

Looks like the owner has spilled the beans in the other thread.

Strange stuff this. Even if he is right... why not sail to prove how good you are anyway?

Waste of a lot of hard work and a good boat.

No John, it's just that the original report on the protest gave the details of an "opinion" which bagged the protester.

Right or wrong, this isn't fair until the protest is heard and the all the facts are out in the open. So we'd prefer it everyone left it alone for now rather than having a half cocked trial by social media.

Anyway, all having fun at the Mangonui Cruising club with their traditional hospitality and looking forward to the start at noon tomorrow.

I am confused by some of the leg 1 results at http://www.ssanz.co.nz/results.html

Maybe I am reading it wrong?

Division 4 I see:

Division 4 PHRF Start Time: 8/02/2014 14:00:00

Boat Name Finish Time Elapsed Pl HCAP Pl

Montego Bay lll 09/02/14 10:18:47 0 20:18:47 3 0 15:14:05 1

Berenice 09/02/14 7:10:41 0 17:10:41 2 0 13:18:47 2

Wanderingstar 09/02/14 8:31:24 0 18:31:24 5 0 13:25:46 3

Manson Pepe 09/02/14 11:37:11 0 21:37:11 1 0 16:51:48 4

Assassin 09/02/14 7:56:58 0 17:56:58 6 0 13:06:11 5

Duty Free 09/02/14 7:56:58 0 17:56:58 4 0 13:43:53 6

Cool Change 09/02/14 12:03:58 0 22:03:58 7 0 16:39:36 7

The way I am reading that it says Pepe was first on line, Berenice second, Montego Bay III 3rd, but the finish times and elapsed suggest Berenice 1st on line, Assasin and Duty Free a dead heat for 2nd (Really!?) and Wandering Star 4th on line.

And then the Handicap columns placesa and corrected times don't seem right either...

Is it just me or is something screwy there?

Looks like you have a case of Mondayitis KB, I know the pain well.

Nope everything looks fine in the results. Pepe by a couple of minutes over Berenice then a couple more back to MB3 on line.

That's a magnificent result for everyone. The boats had close as racing, the organisers picked the division splits real well, looking at the corrected results the handicapper/s hasn't yet made an arse of themselves (long live the H/C love hate relationship we all have :lol: ) and adds up to good shite for us poor bastards still land bound to follow.

Archived