2014 SSANZ RNI Leg 3

Cameron

Question for the gurus.

The speed indicated on the tracker is what exactly?

The distance covered between pings in a straight line over the hour?

Instantaneous speed at the time of the ping?

Or some other calculation?

Cheers

We believe that it's the VMG over the preceding hour ?

And a boat already in port will be quite slow, currently.

Well done Team Blink. Awesome result. Must go a long way to alleviating the disappointment of not leading into Wellington.

So what is worse - a long night hard on the wind in lots of breeze or a long night in no breeze? Well done those who got in overnight. Rob and Sally continue to make it look easy. Johno in Midnight Express got back from the dead.

Well that's Leg 3 done and dusted. After a super comfortable night's sleep (Big thanks to Craig McPherson, Gav's Dad, for renting a 3 bedroom apartment right by the yacht club!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ) we woke up to find that we had claimed the provisional PHRF win overall!! Yee Harr!! Looks like our "Buffalo Girls" strategy paid big time, with no park ups and a very worried Bushido only just in front of us at the finish. I heard that Mr. Elliot was not impressed that a 30 year old Ross boat was chasing down his canter.. I'll take that as a pat on the back! :D :D

Write up on the leg to follow. Happy crew!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well that's Leg 3 done and dusted. After a super comfortable night's sleep (Big thanks to Craig McPherson, Gav's Dad, for renting a 3 bedroom apartment right by the yacht club!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ) we woke up to find that we had claimed the provisional PHRF win overall!! Yee Harr!! Looks like our "Buffalo Girls" strategy paid big time, with no park ups and a very worried Bushido only just in front of us at the finish. I heard that Mr. Elliot was not impressed that a 30 year old Ross boat was chasing down his canter.. I'll take that as a pat on the back! :D :D

Write up on the leg to follow. Happy crew!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice work Smithy! That has to make all the hard work worthwhile. Well done! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Archived