The Solo Challenge

I'm an engineer, so I'm good with tools. Been sailing about 25 years...Only baggage I have is a carry on with my sailing gear. Am I hot? Well, I'm Italian :wink: Age is just a number, but I'm over 25.

Sorry about your partner. I hope he has GSOH. :)

Actually he has been very supportive through the process! He deserves :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: Especially having to put up with me! :lol: He is also learning along the way, as he knows less about boats than I do, but has more experience with tools than I do. :P Hopefully he will gain more appreciation for boats and that at by the end of this project, it will have encouraged him to want to learn to sail and to be more enthusiastic about getting out on the water.

But that aside, guys we are almost to 200 LIKE's! Please show your support by hitting the LIKE on my page and also by sharing with your friends. Would be very much appreciated! :thumbup:

https://www.facebook.com/Guate.The.Solo.Challenge

We have done quite a bit so far. Removed all the deck gear, cut the deck out and have now chiselled & grinded back half of the deck. Once finished with that, we still need to pop off the cabin top, to where I will take advantage of filling in all the holes and then sanding it to make it look all new and pretty again. Also with the cabin top off we can get to the last bit of deck to chisel it away and to be able to lay the new deck down. Before that though, will also take advantage to sand the interior and reseal it. Hahaha and then.... and then... and then..... it never ends!

Here I thought I was only fixing the deck and now I am re-doing the entire boat. Might as well....get her done and get her done right! Then it all comes down to proper maintenance. :thumbup:

Anyone know of a Cat 1 safety inspector that could come by and give advise to any changes/modifications that I need to do to make sure it meets Cat 1 regulations? I don't want to have to do it twice.... best moment to make any changes needed to be done, is now! The boat is from the early 70's Whiting half toner, triple skin Kauri. Much appreciation in advance for any help!

Hi Ash, Ok, lets be more clear. PICS on here!! Not everyone uses facebook you know! And I liked the page already.... :D

Psst... Follow this link and you get to see the photos without having to be part of the FB crowd

https://www.facebook.com/Guate.The.Solo ... tos_stream

It doesn't help Scubash's long term goal of "likes" for a potential sponsor but you will be able to see the photos

I don't see why she doesn't post a few pics here as well, at least she can see how many times they've been viewed. quite often it can be more times in a day than how many likes she may or may not have.

If she's after a sponsor in the marine game the wider the coverage the better ?

I don't see why she doesn't post a few pics here as well, at least she can see how many times they've been viewed. quite often it can be more times in a day than how many likes she may or may not have.

If she's after a sponsor in the marine game the wider the coverage the better ?

I hear the boat builder that is overseeing the repairs has them working 18 hour days, no time to post in more than one place :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually he has been very supportive through the process! He deserves :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: Especially having to put up with me! :lol:

It's great that you have a supportive partner, well done to both of you :clap: . It's not easy staying friends and remaining supportive when you're working long hours. Make sure you take some time out away from the project so you don't suffer a burnout.

Remember, even though you're young, your efficiency will drop as you get more tired. You could be working 18 hour days but only achieving what you would in 12 hours with more rest and relaxation. Believe me, I've been there, more than once or twice.

Anyway, enough preaching from me, we don't even know each other. Good luck with the project, I think it's wonderful that you have the courage to tackle it. And btw, I have liked your Fb page. It's only narcissistic for the people who want it to be. For me, it's a means of communication between me and my family on the dark side of the globe.

Ok so here I was trying to upload the pictures at midnight....BUT! of course I can't upload photo's because they are TOO BIG. I can't think right now to reduce the size... Y'all are gonna have to wait until another day, but as Rushman said, you don't have to be a member of Facebook to go onto my page and to view the progress.

https://www.facebook.com/Guate.The.Solo.Challenge

So please bare with me and I will sort some photo's to post on crew soon! :wtf: :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your support an encouragement! :-)

Special thanks to B&G as they are going to help prevent me from the hitting the rocks again! :shifty:

Ooops did I say that out loud? :silent:

Nighty night! :shh:

Doesn't work for me most of the time either, unless you have plenty of time to downsize the photo and then muck around trying to get the physical size to be small enough.

Tried a few times of late, and if you have a few to post for example a race well.....

But then it's probably me as well.