2014 SSANZ RNI Leg 4

Cameron

A big thanks to the SSANZ boys, Grant from Kiwi Rigging and Roger from North Sails plus all the many local helpers around the North island that made this a special and successful event. Onboard Notorious we had plenty of challenges and just like everyone else our hands full especially along the east coast on the way home. We are proud to be part of this fine group of sailors who are equally as mad as us. :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave:

Na they all went back except for one skippy that sustained damage in the landing effort. we decided after that bloody mess to send the others back asap!

Don't know if it's been said yet, but top 5 overall PHRF in a #%$#@ R930 in the RNI is some damn good going. Super impressed and inspired by Booboo and James.

After hearing your hallucination stories I have to disagree.... your definitely madder than us!

Thanks for reminding me to thank the aliens on our bow for their guidance..

Congratulations and good effort on everyone! From the people who helped the crew get ready, the crew and the team that made it happen! Hopefully I will be joining the next race...getting very excited! Can't wait to meet up face to face with some of you to hear more in depth details about the race! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

In mean time...check out the progress of my boat as I get her ready for all these future races! :crazy: :D

https://www.facebook.com/Guate.The.Solo.Challenge

PLease LIKE the page if you would like to follow the updates in your newsfeed. :thumbup:

After hearing your hallucination stories I have to disagree.... your definitely madder than us!

Dunno, first time in Cook Strait I kept looking around for the logging truck I kept hearing.

Very true about the first real experience of tiredness.

Funny how so many come back from this race waxing lyrically and poetically. That's the tiredness too. And the absolutely unique experience of the RNI.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB ALL YOU MAD HALLUCINATING BUGGERS.

Absolutely amazing that all boats finished!

Given that there are always withdrawals in much shorter races (White island, CC, Simrad), this is pretty remarkable.

Is this the first time that all boats have finished in the RNI?

Given that there are always withdrawals in much shorter races (White island, CC, Simrad), this is pretty remarkable.

No all yachts got around in 2005, 2008 and 2014 that I know about, but probably a whole lot more before I was involved.

One year I believe yachts went around without even putting a tuck in their mains.

But generally your going to strike some weather, it is NZ after all.

No all yachts got around in 2005, 2008 and 2014 that I know about, but probably a whole lot more before I was involved.

One year I believe yachts went around without even putting a tuck in their mains.

But generally your going to strike some weather, it is NZ after all.

2002 we all made it.

But then where you gonna go?

2005 we drifted for 2 days in the Tasman. You're hardly going to start the motor when there's 2 legs left.

I suppose that's the difference in this race.

Yes, one year we went around on port tack. Tacked into Wellington, gybed once somewhere else. Can be easy.

I hear the protest by Lawless against Focus was dismissed as expected.

Good to hear. Seemed like a big brick to lob.

What was the reason behind it - nothing online yet

Didn't like their handicap? Of course they didn't, the dummy handicap was obtained by being two tonnes over weight on their PHRf (well 2150kg or thereabouts above listed lightship weight).

I have absolutely no idea how a boat who issues a weight that's 25% out then has the inclination to then go and protest the only person onto-it enough to question it.

Am I missing something or is this all ass about face? Rule 2 for questioning an obviously illegitimate PHRF cert?.

Lawless...ironic.

Didn't like their handicap? Of course they didn't, the dummy handicap was obtained by being two tonnes over weight on their PHRf (well 2150kg or thereabouts above listed lightship weight).

I have absolutely no idea how a boat who issues a weight that's 25% out then has the inclination to then go and protest the only person onto-it enough to question it.

Am I missing something or is this all ass about face? Rule 2 for questioning an obviously illegitimate PHRF cert?.

Lawless...ironic.

Does this mean that Lawless's stellar results in January's Bay regatta are in question? Is it a verifiable fact that the actual weight of the boat and the weight stated on the PHRF certificate differed by over 2000 kgs?

Guest Saturday Night Special

I agree with the decision but lets look at it Properly if the rules are to be applied evenly then certain boats should not have had their entries even accepted 1,(Sorry Smithy ) Marshall Law modified chain plates without new engineering Cert for them ,Same with Pepe with keel no STX cert, does bushido and blink not have carbon Stanchions the rules clearly ban these ?and I could go on and on so really it appears to be hipocrosy YNZ get your sh*t together.

Archived