What's happened to all the Ross 930’s

Those 88 guys are a bit behind in their payments, I'm sure I could find something to embarrass them if they're not more forthcoming.

Rockweld is probably a bit of an anomoly on RaceTrack.

Have recently added in the PCC 3-handed Monday night sprint results that have become available. Sprints are tricky in that the gaps are proportionately quite a bit larger so a boat can appear somewhat better than otherwise. Rockweld has done very well in these and these are the only results making up her RaceTrack rating, hence the impressive numbers. Her 'full history' number is somewhat more depressing, well depressing if you're Rockweld, quite a bit more encouraging for everyone else.

Not sure about the slower acceleration thing, my thoughts are more on the lines of sail area is king in the light and the larger headsails should more than make up for any drag, in the breeze which I'm guessing the sprints were in, the extra rm from the deeper keels should again work to the mod'd boats advantage, especially 3-handed.

Suspect we're mainly seeing differences in crew, better start technique and crew work can easily top speed potential in that style of racing.

From what I know of the mods you would have to say Pepe has probably the most potential,

personal thoughts though are fully crewed harbour racing, I'd put my money on Fast Co or Grunt Machine, downwind passage probably No Worries. Pity we don't see Animal Farm out much as I suspect she could be something of a contender.

Suspect we're mainly seeing differences in crew, better start technique and crew work can easily top speed potential in that style of racing.
and understanding of the Rules

From what I know of the mods you would have to say Pepe has probably the most potential,

personal thoughts though are fully crewed harbour racing, I'd put my money on Fast Co or Grunt Machine, downwind passage probably No Worries. Pity we don't see Animal Farm out much as I suspect she could be something of a contender.

Agree. Knot to sure about AF, Murray reckons she has gained some weight during the tweak and probably wouldn't be that competitive but she sure looks like she would be quick so I won't be betting against AF anytime soon.

couple of pics attached from recent PCC Ross 930 3 handed monday night series, in this case a few weeks ago, in a medium south westerly, where the start line was set up very close to Chelsea sugar works, a great place for windward leewards, in cross tide conditions. fully crewed Monday night series to commence in February.

:lol: we(wildoats)made the front page not a good pic they could of got us when we were washing the bird poo of the top of the mast :lol: :lol

Anymore mods being done to the 930 fleet?

I'm told the same thing SD. I'm of the understanding the new owner is a very smart person due to his thinking as to why purchase a 930 over other options.

I think it's going to be fun to watch but I do hope this gentlemans previous boat means he's damn slow in getting his new acquisition going fast.......... but I'm knot holding my breath just in case I'm right that I'm likely to be wrong about that :lol: :wink:

I'm scheming plotting and planning a (now) not so secret new keel for the old girl so if there are any other owners wanting to get in on the next giant leap forward in the R930 development curve light up the bat sign, or let me know after the first race of the Pons summer series (Don't forget it's the 4th!)

I'd say we'll have the first one finished before... Xmas :lol:

6 of us off the line for the Richmond Wed evening last night.

Here they are:-

Pepe, No Worries, Local Hero, Ballistic, Fast Company, The Entertainer

Well done Pepe, good to see you take one out and really liked the look of the new prod installation on The Entertainer.

a.f.u

Keel Info for Ross 930. Historical info that may have changed.

Std Keel with Std Bulb:

Local hero, Hotdogger, Meanstreak, Ballisimo, Squid Vicious, Entertainer, Suburban Reptile, Arch Rival, Start Me Up, Slingshot, Bondi Tram.

Heavy and Deep 'T' Keel: 760 kg Bulb, 120kg Fabricated Fin, 2.4m Draft.

Scarlett Fever, Pepe, Animal Farm, Redline

Mid Range: 715 - 735kg bulb, 80 to 100 kg fabricated fin, between 2.2 and 2.4 m draft.

Fast Company, Shockproof, Malpractise, Elbow Room, Recreation, Ballistic, Grunt Machine,

Light and Deep: 510 to 550 kg bulb, 50 - 80 kg fab fin, 2.4m Draft.

No Worries, Testarossa, Drop Dead Fred.

Modified but no info: Telegram Sam, Wild Oats, Splash Palace

Some bloody great racing over the weekend at the Akl regatta!

despite a few different configurations the racing was really close

No Worries definitely had the jump taking gun on all the races - well done team :clap:

You could also add Big Buck to the list and from what I understand it is still original strut without bulb!

Archived