What's happened to all the Ross 930’s

Ballistic's keel is a Ross but a lifter, strengthened with carbon and a centre case[attachment=1]SV100759.JPG[/attachment] Which can be seen in the centre of the inside picture

Looking at the inside pic. How much weight do you think would be in the centrecase & pulley construction?

Now Ballistic is in Auck I wonder if the new owner will take out the centrecase arrangement soon?

afu

Now Ballistic is in Auck I wonder if the new owner will take out the centrecase arrangement soon?

afu

Surely that depends on hopw high pitched the other half's voice is?

Had some interesting info arrive in my inbox. Yeap there does seem to be quite a significant difference between the lightest keel and the heaviest keel out there. And looking at the boats with each one would have to think speed comes down to the dicks on the boat rather than what's hanging below it.

And goss time. A little birdie (a rare knot spotted feather free Fugly) told me today one Class boat is very pumped up as it took out a recently fully turboed boat, knot a 1/2 turboed, a full noise one. What's more they did it to windward in a good breeze. That's damn interesting news. No it wasn't me, knot that we haven't beaten full turbos more than once ;)

The Nats have interest and look like it could be a bit of fun. Combo of W/L's and harbour courses so that'll be interesting.

KB (was that a particularly nasty Aussie beer at one time), from the YNZ website :

No Worries - gen mh, 110.53

Animal Farm - gen mh, 109.48

Pepe - spin mh, 99.47

Drop Dead Fred - gen mh, 90.98

Recreation - gen mh, 83.72

Ballistic - gen mh, 77.17

Splash Palace - gen fr, 73.28

Red Line - spin mh, 62.73

Arch Rival - spin fr, 54.18

Testarossa - spin fr, 54.08

Lightfoot - spin fr, 52.93

Airship - spin fr, 52.63

Suburban Reptile - spin fr, 51.82

Area calcuation is pretty dodgy on my part, particularly the gennakers but I'm sure will do for illustration purposes.

Oh, I've got the littlest.. bugger.

Some of the mongrols do have MASSIVE sails. No Worries big one does block out the sun and could cause global cooling is she did a long run with it up. Saw Pepes genny up Sat arvo and it's also knot small. Interestingly both of those look way way bigger than DDF's which makes me think the DDF number maybe overcooked a bit, just don't look only 10 square smaller.

So who's stolen the missing 6 squares of my pedigree boats kite??

The gennies particularly will be high EE, calc uses an estimate of leach length which will in most cases be more than the actual length. Should be in the ballpark though. Kite sizes should be better.

just an update on the class champs, it was very difficult to find a suitable date when PCC put together its 2010/2011 racing program back in the middle of last year. however the club and myself are very keen to see the champs resurrected, hence we are putting in effort to see that it happens, and happens properly. the dates of March 12th and 13th are where its at, and its encouraging to see 7 boats already entered. there will be a social side as well as the racing, so if you can do the regatta, bring the family, or leave them at home if you can get a leave pass. there are some exciting boats out there and it will be very cool to see who has got the mods right!!

Archived