Cyclone Bolthole in the Waitemata?

Adrianp

Two major issues following the cyclone: some bird sh*t in the cockpit as I had taken all the the covers off, and the Baileys had fallen over in the liquor locker - silly me I shouldn't have let it get empty enough to have space for it to fall in the first place.

Other than that everything else was fine, clearly there has been a lot of water over the boat as it was cleaner than Ive ever seen it, and all the 8.5s in the bay are accounted for, except Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom, still at west haven.

Going into the mangroves doesn't sound like much fun and brings with it other risks.

We are staying on the mooring. Last years big warning we moved into the marina using all sorts of odd lines without any stretch which was probably just as risky. We have new mooring lines.

Fair - nuff. Think I'll beach her - only have 500kg on the mooring - only been there for 3 weeks and still trying to get the setup right. Easy thing for me to do while the weather is good - impossible if it turns to sh*t - and it might overnight. Will make the call in the morning.

Tim C - heading onto the mangroves this weekend?

Someone has built a giant sandcastle in front of my ideal mangroves. But yes I'll be finding some new ones to tie too...

Yeah noticed at about 2.30 when we were going over the bridge. Let Ray at WH know and he contacted CC. Hope all is well. I was excited for Tim when I saw the new rig go on.I look at it several times a week going over he bridge.

Archived