Solo Tasman

Island Time

Seen on the event facebook page.

HELP NEEDED 

Because the solo yacht race is now starting tomorrow (a work day) we are now a little short on pre-start crew.

This involves helping out on one of the boats before the start for about an hour, and then being transferred off 10 mins before the start.

Main job is to help rig up and watch out for other boats to avoid any collisions.

You just need some sort of yachting experience so you would know what to do.

This should only take up 2 hours of the day, and its something to tick off your bucket list.

We need at least 4 people.

Pleas message me or ring me on 021 936 837 or Harley Watts on 027 320 147

Everyone away to a clean start. I'm not going to post all of my pics here but the web album is located here: http://bit.ly/PoPrEY

Cory started well and was probably 3rd or 4th boat around the first mark. Most boats were hardening up straight after the mark although the tri looked like it was going to keep heading north for a bit. Might have just taken them a while to get rid of their genniker.

Go Cory and the mighty Atom Ant!

IMGP3450.JPG

Everyone away to a clean start. I'm not going to post all of my pics here but the web album is located here: http://bit.ly/PoPrEY

Cory started well and was probably 3rd or 4th boat around the first mark. Most boats were hardening up straight after the mark although the tri looked like it was going to keep heading north for a bit. Might have just taken them a while to get rid of their genniker.

Go Cory and the mighty Atom Ant!

Well done and cheers for that.

Like the sign on Cory's main.

Some interesting and potentially frustrating weather ahead but no big nasties to be seen which is nice.

Keep safe out there you lot.

Like the sign on Cory's main

+1. I feel a twinge seeing those photos. I wish all the competitors the best. I extra wish a successful race for Cory.

I like the sexy windows on Nitro :thumbup:

yup.... there they go .... i wish them well,

thanks for the photo's hamish, looks like a great day. nice sails on atom... who did them?

who is going to end up with head winds and who willl have tail winds... those going more north could have tail winds but lighter winds for the next 2-3 days ?

Damn good progress so far, with the leaders already over 200NM in, and not even 24 hours yet!

The Multi's are out in front, closely followed by Graham Dalton and Reece Boulton. For those of you who don't know, Reece did this race last time on a steel ganley!!! Quite a performance difference to a Pogo 40. He had bad luck int he RNI, breaking his foot, so DNF.

AA is doing well, around 120 miles out, pretty close to a lot of larger boats.

My own preference would be to be a bit north of the main fleet, looking at the upcoming condidtions.

Kind of envious sitting here in the office :(

My own preference would be to be a bit north of the main fleet, looking at the upcoming condidtions.

I'd be sticking close to the rhumb line maybe even a bit south to pick up what is coming up from Tasmania:

forecast_april_25.PNG

Kind of envious sitting here in the office :(

Me too!

I think I'd be still tracking a bit north as later on that should lead to a nice run into the finish and more options with the current crossing/dodging. Mind you my later on would be a a few days after everyone elses, especially the multis and C40's.

Oh Cory, nasty corner your in, tack back SW and suffer for a day but it looks the faster way out for you.

Still liking the north side of the rummy.

Archived