Solo Tasman

Island Time

Cory seems to be rather stationary at the moment... i hope he's just having a slow sail change or its something else that he can get sorted..... fingers crossed!

Moving again! Now he just needs to get through to the end of today and he can start to enjoy the reaching conditions that he's been waiting for :thumbup:

Still of the mind to slide gently north of the rummy when the chance arises. Be interesting to see how they play out the next 24hrs, it could be a make or break if played well/poorly.

Cory seemed a bit indecisive last night. Interesting to see the multis haven't flown away yet. Loving Outsidedges track to date, it would suggest he has a plan he's sticking to.

yes great following this..... there is races within races.... the 2 multis.... the 2 class 40's. and the fleet

rhys seems to be doing a great job on the older class 40. and the y11 out front .... he does have a good track. and poor old aa.. doesn't seem like it likes going upwind too welll.

Poor Cory, I know he suffers terribly from sea sickness, so I hope it passes. The Ant excels in rough weather, but light, on the nose with big seas is no fun in any boat, especially a small one.

But big ups to Cory, because if I suffered from sea sickness as he does, I doubt I'd want to go offshore at all. That's the measure of this young man. :thumbup:

Hopefully he's just been knocked and will tack over soon? Or perhaps has weather related reasons for trying to make ground south? Tracker still shows him doing 4kts which hard on the wind isn't too bad for a 30 footer in a seaway so hopefully no problems?

tracker.jpg

As of yesterday afternoon I think Corey has had auto pilot issues not sure if that is still the case.

Alan on Road Runner had some probs over first 2 days.. diesel leak , broken slugs in main and badly torn NEW head sail (wife/co-sponsor not happy!! :roll: ) but doing better now and catching up but don't think he will catch Outsidedge, Peter is going very well. Could challenge some of the big boys.

hopefully Corey gets going better today.

4 knots of boat speed upwind for the Ant is very slow. Even in a big sea it can do much better than that. Hopefully there is a logical and fixable reason.

just looking at the tracks this afternoon, aa seems to have things sorted. back up to speed nicely, but now y11 road runner is doubling back on its track, any one know whats up ?

day 5.JPG

Corey's main AP has failed and the auxiliary plug that was run to power the back up wouldn't. He has a TP as a back up. Might have got it sorted now though looking at boat speed. It's very warm up here on the Sun Shine Coast with flat water and light winds.Would be beautiful to be out on a boat.

Archived